“Surprisingly nice place in Modesto”

DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Surprisingly nice place in Modesto”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had to travel to Modesto for business. Since it's agricultural, I didn't expect much. To my surprise, the Doubletree was great! Clean, updated, friendly staff. They have very nice bathrooms and linens. The staff were nice. Only downside is it's next to railroad tracks, but they provide earplugs and it's not a big deal. Also, no fax in the business center. A new front desk employee didn't know how to send my fax, so I had to wait till I got home. Also, no free parking, but it's in downtown Modesto, so parking across the street is $10/day. However, I would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments about our hotel. We apologize about the Fax machine mix-up. We have now fully trained all of our staff and will certainly be able to serve you much better on your next trip. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Kole Siefken

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was fully aware of the train noise before booking but went ahead and booked a stay as the hotel was perfectly located for me. I brought ear plugs with me, but apparently the hotel offers them too. Room service was excellent, speedy and good quality food.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and the services that we offer. We just came out with our new room service menu and have been receiving rave reviews. We are happy that you enjoyed your meal as well.

DuQuoin, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Easy to locate hotel, which made it a great suprise after the grueling traffic coming from SFA. Parking was ten dollars a night in the garage accross the street, but Vallet was sixteen. Check in was a breeze, and got my warm cookie as promised. Lobby was spotless, as well as the rest of the hotel. Location was perfectly nestled in the downtown arts area. All points of this hotel were in tip top shape. Plenty of working elevators to get to and from your floor quickly. Room was very clean, but water controls were the opposite as to what I am used to. That would be the only thing that was weird. Quiet and comfortable room. Beautiful view from my room on the fifth floor. Check out was simple of course, and had a great visit. I highly recommend this hotel.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your wonderful comments about our hotel and services that we offer. We hope that we have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice well-maintained room (1028), got early arrival and upper floor as requested, week of 4-28-14. Trains (with horns) pass by a couple times a night, but otherwise reasonably quiet and/or masked by constant A/C whoosh. Irritating extra $10 charge for parking in a city structure across the street. Closer street parking is free. Service in bar was pretty poor--very inattentive; twice I gave up and went elsewhere. Cold breakfast buffet for $10 was good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments about the hotel and we are happy that we were able to honor your early check-in. We apologize for the service in the Lounge as this is not normally the case. We will definitely undergo some retraining so that this does not happen on your future visits to the hotel. We are in hopes that you will choose us again when visiting the Modesto area.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a trip in September last year!

The hotel is very nice and well maintained, shame about the outside area.

We had a big lunch and a very long day and just wanted a quick bite to eat for tea. There is a mcdonalds just a 5 minute walk down the road so we thought we would just walk there. Before setting off we left all valuables in the hotel and just took a few dollars!!

What an experience, I have never felt so scared and intimidated. My boyfriend isn't a small guy but we literally ran back to the hotel!

I would recommend the hotel but just stay indoors!

Also it was noted it was my birthday on the trip so they sent me up a whole cheesecake!! Very nice touch :)

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KatK1
FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind words about the hotel and the services that we offer. Happy belated birthday! We apologize about your trip to McDonalds. Normally, the area does not present a probelm however we apologize that this happened to you. We certainly hope that when you travel to Modesto again you will be sure to choose our hotel.

Anaheim Hills, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Was in Modesto for business and stayed at the Doubletree for 5 nights. Jr Suite was VERY comfortable and made the long hot days bearable upon return to my room. Complimentary WiFi allowed me to keep up with the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and I was able to stream the games live and watch them on the tv through HDMI input. The staff was very friendly and the food and drinks were good. If I find myself in Modesto again, I will definitely be staying at the Doubletree again!

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are so happy you enjoyed the Jr. Suite and we all hope that your Stanley Cup Playoff team won! We are happy you noticed that our Wi-Fi does allow you to stream videso for no additional charge. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Laguna Hills, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I love this hotel. Perfect location downtown and very comfortable. Friendly staff.. very helpful. and those cookies are amazing!! The restaurant staff went out of their way to accommodate me and even gave me a free banana .. I offered to pay for it but it was a little bruised so they said "enjoy it" and didn't charge me! The room was very comfortable and quiet.. well the train goes by occasionally but didn't interrupt my sleep. And there is a very nice, large workout facility with several treadmills and a beautiful outdoor pool. I will definitely make this my #1 hotel in Modesto for future trips.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Daer Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments about the hotel and our services. We look forward to seeing you again soon!