“Modesto stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento, United States
“Modesto stay”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Modest establishment was very clean, and I found the hotel employees to be very friendly, and helpful. I would absolutely book another stay at this location. Their only downfall, is the parking situation. I believe that if you are paying to stay at a hotel, your parking should be a safe area, provided by the hotel, at no additional cost.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Timothy:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of your comments and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Kole Siefken

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Modesto, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was really not happy with the front desk. I had multiple people staying in my room with me. We all wanted to put our portion of the bill on our own cards. The lady at the front desk said this was no problem. She took all of our cards and we all signed something. Came home after a long weekend and the whole stay was charged to my card. I didn't have enough funds in my bank for that so I have overdraft fees and I am really quite upset. Now the two other people have to pay me after they thought they already paid. It is quite a hassle.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Amy:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are truly sorry for the billing mistake and we are in hopes that the situation has now been resolved. Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any further questions or concerns.

Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel was average. The bathroom fixtures were outdated, but the room overall was nice. I requested a feather free room, but had down pillows. Asked a second time for a feather free room and they changed one bed but left the other. Staff was not very friendly or welcoming.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Wesley:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We certainly apologize for not meeting your expectations. Rest assured that we will use this as a training tool so that we can further improve in the future. We are in hopes that you will once again choose us when visiting the Modesto area.

Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our stay was for a business trip. The service and attitude of the employees was upbeat and very friendly. Breakfast was complete and you can find whatever you need. The hotel is located near the center of town. You will find the staff most helpful

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 August 2014

If you look at my other reviews you will notice I am more of a glass half-full kinda person.
This hotel is in a good location as far as being centrally located within modesto, next to a mall, bars etc. Has a nice bar inside, the staff is friendly, and you can park for free across the street when it is validated.
The rooms are a bit musty and dated, and I had the corner suite. Very odd configuration of a room, but ample size. Internet was strong, and easy to use but I overall did not care for this hotel.
I am a Hilton Diamond member and have been for years and I would put this hotel on the <35% scale when rating it to other hilton properties.

And, the biggest thing to note were the trains. Basically between 3AM-6AM they come about 30 minutes intervals. And you wonder if it is going to go through your room, you will not be able to sleep. The train station is close enough where you can feel it.

I came for a funeral and was pooped, came to a hotel to sleep and couldn't. Not sure what the hotel could do to help combat this issue as RxR companies usually do what they want, but it would be hard for me to come back ever knowing I wouldn't get a good nights rest.

Also, the walls between rooms are paper thin, my wife and I could hear the couple in the next room whisper, literally. And then we were also able to hear them have sex, luckily that only lasted about 5 mins.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room away from the RxR , not quite sure how best to get that, but it could help
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for writing a review of our property on Trip Advisor. We are sorry to hear that a funeral is what brought you to Modesto. We also appreciate your Diamond status. We apologize for you not getting a good nights sleep due to the trains. We continue to work with local officials on a plan to create a "no horn" zone through our area. We hope to come to a resolution soon. We are sorry you did not enjoy your experience but we are in hopes that you will choose our hotel again for future travels.

Bentonville, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very nice hotel. Good location. Big rooms very clean with nice ameneties. Nice size bar area. Bar service was quick and reasonably priced. Very good on sight Food Service. Meals were good and assortment was great. Fitness faciliites are very good -- nice size workoiut rom and full pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Charles J K
Dear Charles:

Thank you for writing such a positive review of our property. We are happy you enjoyed all of our amenities. We look forward to serving you again soon.

sutter ca, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

the hotel staff was great, room was clean comfortable, nice bar and restraunt. close to other restraunts and movies accross the street. I would stay here again not a problem in the world with that. I was also imprest even thought i did not use it the pool and spa area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear William:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of your kind comments and we hope to service you again in the near future.