“Modesto Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Woodstock, GA
“Modesto Hotel”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great location and a very attentive, friendly staff. This is the only place I will stay if I visit Modesto on business.
Breakfast is top notch and the staff works tirelessy. Dinner is good as well, but if you eat in the bar area keep in mind you are sharing a server/ bartender so it may take a little longer for food. But who cares, they make a great drink!
Insider Tip: when booking, ask for a room away from the train tracks; very loud but they do leave ear plugs in your room if you want.
Theres a good coffee shop about 3 blocks away if you feel like walking; I think it's called Deja Vu?? In any case, they have good espresso and red wine; so something for everyone.
Again, kudos to the staff at the Double Tree!

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room or one that is away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and we will be sure to pass along all of your comments to our staff. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Kole Siefken

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We held my Granddaughters 15th Birthday party at the Double Tree and it was fantastic! The service was excellent, servers were on top of everything. I would like to Thank the cook, servers and Lorraine our party planner for the GREAT service we received at the DOUBLE TREE this past weekend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Yolanda:

Thank you for writing a review on your social gathering. We appreciate your kind comments and we will be sure to pass along the accolades to Lorraine and the staff. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The staff was courteous & helpful. However, 9th St. is not a good location for this hotel. I have stayed here previously, however, not on the 9th St. side. [ I like the fact that the downtown location has a close proximity to entertainment (Gallo Center for Arts, etc.) ] Train whistles continually throughout the night & next door guest banging headboard until 4:30 AM . . . Unfortunately, I got very little sleep.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sheryl:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments about our facility and services. We will continue to work with local officials on establishing a no horn zone throughout downtown.

Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton in Modesto on a recent two day business trip. This was my second experience with this hotel brand and I was so impressed with their Cocoa Beach hotel that I decided to try them out once again.
The employees at the Modesto location were very friendly and efficient and I could tell once again that Hilton is doing something right in terms of employee morale. It was great to find myself on the receiving end of that morale yet again!
The restaurant in the hotel had delicious breakfasts and dinners and the lounge area was pleasant at the end of the day. My room (201) was enormous and quite comfortable! There was a large soaking tub in the bathroom and the bed was extremely comfortable! My only issue with the hotel was that self parking was in a garage across the street. I didn't feel comfortable walking back and forth from the parking location, so I paid the $16.00 per day valet fee.
In general the hotel was very quiet with the exception of a few trains in the distance. The Wifi was excellent and free.
I would definitely return on any future trip to Modesto.

Room Tip: Don't worry about being on a high up floor; Modesto has no views anyway. Look for a room at the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate all of your comments. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Sacramento, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Modest establishment was very clean, and I found the hotel employees to be very friendly, and helpful. I would absolutely book another stay at this location. Their only downfall, is the parking situation. I believe that if you are paying to stay at a hotel, your parking should be a safe area, provided by the hotel, at no additional cost.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Timothy:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of your comments and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was really not happy with the front desk. I had multiple people staying in my room with me. We all wanted to put our portion of the bill on our own cards. The lady at the front desk said this was no problem. She took all of our cards and we all signed something. Came home after a long weekend and the whole stay was charged to my card. I didn't have enough funds in my bank for that so I have overdraft fees and I am really quite upset. Now the two other people have to pay me after they thought they already paid. It is quite a hassle.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Amy:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are truly sorry for the billing mistake and we are in hopes that the situation has now been resolved. Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any further questions or concerns.

Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel was average. The bathroom fixtures were outdated, but the room overall was nice. I requested a feather free room, but had down pillows. Asked a second time for a feather free room and they changed one bed but left the other. Staff was not very friendly or welcoming.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Wesley:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We certainly apologize for not meeting your expectations. Rest assured that we will use this as a training tool so that we can further improve in the future. We are in hopes that you will once again choose us when visiting the Modesto area.