“good value for the monies”

America's Best Inn Modesto
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed 17 March 2013

we have been travelling a lot lately we read bad reviews always and we found out where there is bad review that's where there is the best deal, we also came to know that the bad review are from the past employees who were canned meaning got the boot... we like this place there is nothing fancy good friendly clerk clean place easy access to hwy food gas ect.
comfi bed for the price I don't have any complain and the room are taken care off.

Room Tip: easy way inn and out if your on the move like me
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank hary k

Reviewed 24 January 2013

we was tavelling from south ca to reno lake taho, on the, we got to this motel and got a room, the indian man at the front desk gave us best service we ever got, the man took us to the room turned on the light the heater made sure if everything was o.k and left, i said to my wife wow i cannot belive the service this man just gave us the next morning we got up so we decided to stay another night here the same man was at the front counter and he was very occupied with several other costomer checking them out and he acknowledge us while he was checking other people out. so my turn came we told him we want to stay another night and please tell us what els we can do he mention gallo wine downtown and places where we can eat good food,
we found the place nothing fancy clean my wife is very perticular about the bathroom in motels but this place was clean bathroom and clean room, we didnt find anything wrong with this place.
we was very happy to of stayed here anyway WE ONLY WANT TO THANK THE MAN FOR GIVEING US GOOD SERVICE AND WE WILL BE BACK THIS SUMMER WHEN WE ARE VERY HOT WHERE WE LIVE. THANK YOU AGAIN GOD BLESS

Room Tip: rooms are small sweet and simple
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annmary l
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I have a construction crew of six including myself at this motel, and the only positive thing we had several heavy duty equipment on our utility trucks, so it was nice to see a night staff walking around and patroling the property. Otherwise we encoutered:
* Roaches in the rooms
* Bed Bugs
* No extra towels
* Swimming pool was as nasty as the rooms
* No remote controls to the tv's
* No covers on the air Conditiners let alone AC not working at all
* No Internet
* No Continential Breakfast whatsoever
* And more Roaches!!!

No way would we ever stay here again...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank cravey_construction
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Do NOT stay at this motel. It is dirty, the staff is very rude & unhelpful, and there was NO air conditioning. I was working in the area and unfortunately chose this motel for a night's stay. It was mid-August in the San Joaquin Valley, which means it was very hot. After working construction all day in the heat, I checked in here and was given a room on the west side of the building. First thing I noticed was the dirtiness, then the front of the air conditioner was falling off. I tried to turn it on but it didn't work. I complained to the staff & asked for another room. The staff would not give me one, saying that "they are all like this." He could've at least given me a room on the East side which would have been a bit cooler, but no, he wouldn't. I spent an entire night trying to sleep in over 100 degrees in that room. I will NEVER EVER stay here again, and I do not recommend anyone else do so.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank LDDD D
Reviewed 11 May 2012

If you are looking for a clean place to stay for the night and are on a budget, look no further. Location is great, right off the 99. Rooms are clean, refrigerator and microwave in most rooms, no frills. Only a continental breakfast - but I go elsewhere.

I have sampled most of the low-budget hotels in the area as I am there for work every week or so, and none have been as clean as here, or had as friendly a front desk staff.

Wifi is another great touch.

NOTE: I have learned that management sets aside a few rooms for more undesirable customers... you know, shady, pay cash, come here because its cheap, and treat it as such. So, instead of turning away business, or raising their prices, they set aside a few rooms, which I'm sure get trashed, smell bad, get freeway noise, etc.
Just make sure to ask: "Am I getting one of the good rooms?"

Knowing this, it makes sense. I'll be back.... like, this coming Monday :)

Room Tip: Ask for a good room!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Colum R
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The only reason why we even got a room here because me and my friend was traveling from Mesa, Arizona and would be in Modesto, California for three days of training at a new job so we needed a room for four nights, and was told this Motel was the cheapest in town. As cheap as it was it still was not worth the money. Before we left Mesa we checked out there website and was convinced that when we arrive we would check it and stay the four nights there as there Website looked impressive. Well people don’t even believe it! Before we decided to lay out monies for four nights we decided to pay for one night to see what it was like. The room was fair if you want a room with no working heater on a cold January night. I went to the manager (an indian man) and he was extremely rude, and its really a shame as his staff was very nice, courteous, and professional. I really felt bad for the african american man (the overnight manager) as I have seen this before where someone like him does all he can to keep the druggies, prostitutes, and rift-rafters off the motel premises but the very next day the manager (the indian man) invites them all back in just because of the money. All night long this went on as the overnight manager was doing his best to keep peace at this motel. The very next morning we really did not have to be checked out till 11am, but was awaken with a phone call from a lady at the front desk at 9AM asking if we were checking out or staying over. I went to the front desk to find out why when we really did not need to check out till 11AM and was waited on by a lady name Catty (a caucasian lady and she had rings coming out of her nose, look like one punk rock groupies). She was nice though and said she is told to start calling people that are due to check out a 9AM. It was at this point when my friend and I decided to check out and just pay the extra money at a different nearby motel for the remainder of our three nights in Modesto.

Do yourself a favor and pay a few more dollars/just up the street from the “American Budget Inn & Suites” is a “Quality Inn”, and you will get much more better service, respect, and quality service then that of the Manager of “The American Budget Inn & Suites”.

“The American Budget Inn & Suites” in Modesto is Absolutely the WORST MOTEL I have ever stayed in.

Don't be fooled, this dump was called several other motel names in the past, and is not called "American Budget Inn & Suites"

Room Tip: I encourage you, to go up the street to the Quality Inn.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Nivia S
Reviewed 17 September 2010

the price was unbeatable in modesto for the quality. good location from downtown & restaurants. the room was clean and cozy. WiFi plus continental breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business