Best Western Desert Winds
Desert Inn(Mojave)
US$56
US$57
TripAdvisor
Best Western California City Inn & Suites(California City)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$103
Agoda.com
US$113
Santa Fe Motel(Tehachapi)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswaffleswestern desertbaconwould stay here againbest westernsnice stayfree breakfastacross the streetthe staff was friendly and helpfulseparate buildingwind turbinesgreat roomtrain tracksdeath valleynice stopwestern hotelsbed and pillows
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was looking for a nice place to stay in Mojave with my child, so I chose this place. It wasn't the cheapest, but I wanted a nice place. The evening and day staff were very friendly and helpful. Everything was pretty much what I had hoped for, including the pool. This is a safe and pleasant choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Kathy B, General Manager at Best Western Desert Winds, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We love to here from our guests about their stay.. Thanks again!

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stop here on our way to Death Valley. The hotel room was nice, with large comfortable beds. It was quiet and it meant the needs for the night. Breakfast in the morning wasn't prepared by gourmet chefs, however, it to met the need. I would use this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Michelle G

Thank you so much for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stopped there on the way to Las Vegas. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. As others have said, the pillows were rather lumpy. The hair dryer didn't work. At $81 with an AARP discount it seemed a little pricey.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bill M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate feedback from our guests

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We are in our eighties and make and confirm our reservations for first floor rooms. We offer to confirm 'check in' status and have never had an issue until this week. I have just finished my fifth trip to the car in 95 degree temps. There were a couple of extra trips because on each of the first few I was accosted by panhandlers from an alley that runs through the parking lot. Once for ice, once for money and once for cigarettes. This coupled with an earlier reviewer's experience with a stolen car, gave me a nudge to bring up a few files with personal information.

The wifi in the room timed out three times before I decided this review could wait for a better connection in our next Best Western tomorrow night, where I have been assured I will not be carting cases across a lot and up the stairs.

These choices made, I sat down to read, only to discover that no single build, or combination there of, provided enough light to read standard paperback print. I was reduced to TV.

On the plus side, it was an early night and the bed was good. Although the train was loud and close, it was not the most pressing problem.

Room Tip: Rooms designated 'back' are further from the train.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jbhDGH

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that you were unable to get a downstairs room. We try to accomodate all guests requests if possible, I do understand the problem with panhandlers in the alley. We throw run them off when they come onto the property but since the alley is a public access, the sheriff does not allow us to do anything to them as long as they are in the alley. Unfortunately pan handlers have become a common all over the state.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This motel was budget priced and was well located between Vegas and the south entrance of Yosemite. Room was spacious bed was comfy. Breakfast next day was good with plenty of choices. The only negative for us were the very lumpy small pillows. Very uncomfortable and we would like to see the property replace them. Otherwise bring your own.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and will definately look into other approved pillow options with Best Western.