The Historic Hotel Leger
US$85
Agoda.com
US$87
US$99
The Robin's Nest(San Andreas)
US$133
US$117
US$64
  • Pool
Hotel Sutter(Sutter Creek)
US$133
US$115
Days Inn Sutter Creek(Sutter Creek)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$77
All reviewsgold countrygold rushbalcony accessharley ridersbathroom en suitefloors creakbedroom windowhotel barvalley springstwo nightswine tastingcontinental breakfasttwo night staylarge roombig trees state parkrenegadetownspeople
Reviewed 15 February 2014

What an neat place to visit. I have stayed at the Hotel Leger 4 times. No phones, no TV's (good wifi however) it doesn't get better. Explore the old jail and soak up the history, and guest rooms are a trip back in time. The new owners are really making a effort (and succeeding) to make this a real place to visit. I love the restaurant, every meal I have had there is excellent. The bar is a friendly place to have a drink or two. The staff have always been great but the new owners are hands on and that is way better! I have had a couple of experiences that are very hard to explain, I'm thinking it really is haunted. I'm already planning visit #5, try it, you will like it I'm sure. Be sure to ask for in-room bathroom when booking your room.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Besides the spacious guest rooms with beautiful antique furniture, the hotel has an old jail in the basement and other interesting features that any history buff would love. The hotel is supposed to be haunted but unfortunately we had no such encounters. Great hotel! The new owners are great too.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I love staying at this hotel. The only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is that it is not a hotel for those who equate comfort with luxury.

The hotel is furnished is beautiful period furnishing; the beds are comfortable; there are great windows in all the rooms. The breakfast is a very nice continental boasting fresh fruit, cereal, yoghurt, and a baked pastry offering. The restaurant is great and the bar is a well-known gathering spot.

But if you need a bathroom en suite, book early. If you need an elevator, this is not the hotel for you. Also be aware that locals love the bar, so the rooms above the bar are not always quiet on weekends. And, it is an historic building. You must love it for what it is and to expect it to be the Hilton.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Leger. Just the right blend of modern amenities and historic charm. NOT a chain style hotel--so don't expect fancy bathrooms with granite and big closets. Instead, you'll get a retro bath, probably an armoire, antique bed. So if you're looking for the same old same old--go to Comfort Inn If you want a unique experience, come to the Leger! We didn't get a visit from the ghost(s)--but that's fine with me!

The bar is loads of fun, a mix of locals and hotel guests, often with live music (the night we were there there was a guy with an acoustic guitar--it wasn't scheduled, he just dropped in). Be sure to take the tour of the cellars and old jail.

Food in the dining room is better than you have any right to expect in a small town hotel--plan to eat there at least some of the meals during your stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The place is so unique, steeped in character and history, you have to experience it to understand how cool it is. I love the hotel, owners, staff, town and surrounding area a great deal. I return as often as possible, at least twice a year from my home in SF Bay Area and always enjoy my stay. Great value, great fun and a true adventure.

Room Tip: My favorite, though most expensive is the Court Yard Suite just off the back yard patio and pool area. Very private and quiet. I typically stay several days and since this is really an apartment, it's the one I prefer. Rooms #1 and #2 are the next best. They're over the bar, particularly room #2, so they can be a bit noisy on weekends if like me, your eyes slam shut by 10:00 PM. I've never regretted staying in either however.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple