“Nice staff, but would not stay again.”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Monrovia, California
“Nice staff, but would not stay again.”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Staff is friendly, room okay but very small, the website pictures are deceiving. Bathroom had mold along the base boards, towels threadbare. For the price you can do better in this area. Can't see how anyone could stay here on an extended basis. The carpet in the hallways was disgusting. Only one person working desk and was overwhelmed with customers but still managed to do a good job. Was under the impression my room would be more like a suite but it is no bigger than an average hotel room.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank johnslim
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am addressing with the staff. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mnv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Gabriel, California
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I heard some so so reviews about this hotel so I had the luxury of living not far from the area, so when I arrived and expressed my concerns with the staff, Stephanie gladly showed me the rooms before I booked. If you are unable to check out the rooms before hand, I suggest calling the hotel front desk directly and tell them about your concerns so they can put you at ease before you book. The mattress was great and they offered extra padding if needed. The hotel is next to the freeway, so its easy access. The freeway noise can be avoided by requested other rooms if available or by closing the window. (which worked for us) The staff was very friendly and helpful. I Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for posting such a thoughtful review and sharing your story about your stay. We are extremely pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. We all truly enjoyed having you here with us and we look forward to seeing more when you come stay with us again... hopefully sooner than later!
Newton, MA
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Having traveled a lot and stayed a many different places, from tents, to 5 star hotels and all kinds in between, I must say that this place is poor at best... As others have seen, their experiences have been all over the place. I suppose I chanced upon a bad encounter. Starting with the attitude of the staff, the manager, he possibly was suffering from PMS... and the room was not ready 4 hours after it was promised with the manager saying I am not sure who told you that the room would be ready. The room stank of food from the previous "extended stay occupants".... trash in the room (was cleaned just for me).... I have stayed at Extended stay properties earlier and thought they were ok. but this experience changes all that... The manager, went on to say, when you book with a third party website (hotels.com was used for this occasion) you get what you get, we can't make any promises... I would censure such a manager and have him learn customer service all over again.

Room Tip: I have not figured out which rooms are better.. I suppose it is more to do with luck and who is at t...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jyedetor
HotelManagement14, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extendedstay Los Angeles - Monrovia. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay and the issues you mentioned will be addressed.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at mnv@extendedstay.com, or call me at 626-256-6999. I do hope that you will allow me the opportunity to apologise in person so that i may regain your trust.

Travellers are raving about these Monrovia hotels

orange county
Reviewed 8 February 2013

My First stay was at extended stay monrovia and ive been hooked every since. Since we work away from home most of the time the last 4 months we've tried other places 2 times but our experiences have always brought us right back to extended stay america .when we are in that part of town we will always go back to monrovia extened stay ,because if you have to be away from home the staff there makes you feel like you are
Stephanie is great , polite, helpful ,friendly, and always helpful and professional she deserves a raise as far as im concerned. She is what makes my stay there that much more enjoyable always greets me with a smile and ask me how I am every employee should take a lesson from her on how to greet your guest thank you extended stay monrovia for making my job and my stay away from home more enjoyable, the price is great too you get more for your money at extended stay just price the other hotels in the area that allow your pets the price is thru the roof and the rooms are not any bigger or nicer and the staff can't compare to extened stay america monrovia.
Thanks again extened stay monrovia for my stay away from home a pleasant one
Jody

Room Tip: Get a larger room than you think you need just makes sense to have a little more room to move aroun...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you so much for the review! We are delighted to give you the home away from home feeling and its even better to hear that our staff treated you with the warmth and respect you deserve as our guest. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks again.
Agua Dulce, California, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2013

OK so maybe it's fine for people who live there but, if you are on a pleasure trip or even a business trip where you'd like a good night's sleep -- I'd avoid it like the plague. My non-smoking room smelled of smoke, didn't have a coffeemaker (front desk said it was because people steal them), the refrigerator door was hard to open, the place was a dump. The comforter scared me. When I was changed to a room that didn't smell smoky, it was cleaner but still really really shabby. The doors to outside were supposed to be secure and open only with a room key except they were left open all the time. I forgot shampoo and asked the front desk for some and no, their shipment hadn't come in :) The hallways reeked, the "grab n'go breakfast -- not so much, mattress was hard and of questionable age, Saturday night was loud -- in general, it was miserable. Not recommended, nope. Positives: The front desk personnel were very helpful, and the surrounding shopping center had some great restaurants.

Room Tip: Don't go there....
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Lianne S
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us our feedback regarding your recent stay at Extended Stay Monrovia. Although we try to provide great accomodations that are memorable home away from home experiences, it seems like we fell short this time. My sincere apologies for the problems with the room. if you would like to discuss anything further please contact me at mnv@extendedstay.com. Thanks again.
Northridge, California, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Worst experience ever! The exterior looks like a million bucks but my room was dingy, dark, outdated, and barely clean, and one wall simply had a hole in it. Furniture is mismatched, and the beds are barely comfortable. Comforters are stained. The hallways reeked, and the carpeting was dirty. Hotel keys failed to work on the second day, no shampoo in the room, no maid service, and I had to ask for a change of towels. This "hotel" makes Motel 6 look like a pleasure palace. And all this for prices that exceeded LaQuinta. Never again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Janfromnorthridge
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, 6 February 2013

Pasadena, California
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My last stay was before Christmas. Alan the manager, Adinah, Rosa and Stephanie were all very friendly. They were always very accommodating when I asked for early check in or late check out. They were always helpful when I called or went in person to make advance reservation. The rate with the AAA discount was very resonable. All the restaurants within walking distance from the hotel was very convenience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Joe - Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you rated us highly and commended our staff for the service they provided to you. As part of our service we like to thank every guest that takes time to review us, and are even more thankful when we see such kind words like yours. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#4 of 7 in Monrovia
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Quality Inn Near City of Hope
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia? Share your experiences!