“Great service and staff”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great service and staff”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Stephanie did an excellent job at the front desk. Her smile and great attitude is infectious! The rooms were clean and the rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful. This was a first for me staying here. I will be coming back and staying there again in 6 months!

Markieth S.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you so much for the great review of our associates and our property. We're thrilled that this was your first time staying with us and because of the excellent experience, we will be seeing you again. We look forward to your next stay with us in Monrovia.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Monrovia, California
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Adinah, the desk clerk was exceptionally helpful and courteous. When my mom (who is 85) requested a shower rather than a sep in tub, they switched her room to a handicapped room the next day. Although the first room was a bit tatty, the next one was clean and comfortable. Adinah told us the place was getting an overhaul next month, so I'm sure this will be fixed. This will be our go to hotel for my mom on her next visit, primarily because the staff, and esp. Adinah were so friendly, helpful, and accomadating.

Room Tip: If needed, ask for a handicapped room in advance.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
We just received a copy of your review and wanted to say thank you so much for the outstanding comments about the service provided by our associates. I'm thrilled that Adinah made such a wonderful and lasting impression from your recent stay. Again, thank you so much for the review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Reviewed 16 March 2013

i checked in 3 weeks ago with the intention of only staying 3 nights. once i realized that the staff made me feel very welcome and were very accomidating i booked another 3 nights. However I wanted to move to the 1st floor but was hesitant to ask thinking it was for long term guests. So when i asked Stephanie at the front desk I was pleasantly surprised when she said "sure no problem". But that wasn't it, she was so pleasant and engaged me in a casual conversation like she had known me for years. I walked away from the counter with a huge smile.
And other staff member like Sherrie and Adenah are incredible as well.
My only negative experience has been with the gal that works the graveyard shift. Not very pleasant or accomidating .
Bottom line is this. Great staff, rooms are perfect size for 1 person, in room ammenities are very sufficient and I would recommend the place to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our associates. I'm thrilled that they made you feel like you are at home. We're also so pleased to hear that you would recommend our hotel to family and friends. Again, thank you so much for the review. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Reviewed 14 March 2013

From looking at the pictures it looked to be clean and updated.... Wrong!!! This place smells from moment you get off elevator. The bed is disgusting with dry crusted stuff on blanket. Found hairs on sheets, stains on carpet and mattress. Not clean at all. Not looking forward to spending another night here:(

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank TravelgirlMP16
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the housekeeping was not up our high standards. I am will be holding training sessions for housekeeping to show themthe areas that you brought to our attention so that we can play special attention to those areas to ensure that does not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me, Carlos, at cyong@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Monrovia, California
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Staff is friendly, room okay but very small, the website pictures are deceiving. Bathroom had mold along the base boards, towels threadbare. For the price you can do better in this area. Can't see how anyone could stay here on an extended basis. The carpet in the hallways was disgusting. Only one person working desk and was overwhelmed with customers but still managed to do a good job. Was under the impression my room would be more like a suite but it is no bigger than an average hotel room.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank johnslim
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am addressing with the staff. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mnv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Monrovia hotels

San Gabriel, California
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I heard some so so reviews about this hotel so I had the luxury of living not far from the area, so when I arrived and expressed my concerns with the staff, Stephanie gladly showed me the rooms before I booked. If you are unable to check out the rooms before hand, I suggest calling the hotel front desk directly and tell them about your concerns so they can put you at ease before you book. The mattress was great and they offered extra padding if needed. The hotel is next to the freeway, so its easy access. The freeway noise can be avoided by requested other rooms if available or by closing the window. (which worked for us) The staff was very friendly and helpful. I Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for posting such a thoughtful review and sharing your story about your stay. We are extremely pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. We all truly enjoyed having you here with us and we look forward to seeing more when you come stay with us again... hopefully sooner than later!
Newton, MA
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Having traveled a lot and stayed a many different places, from tents, to 5 star hotels and all kinds in between, I must say that this place is poor at best... As others have seen, their experiences have been all over the place. I suppose I chanced upon a bad encounter. Starting with the attitude of the staff, the manager, he possibly was suffering from PMS... and the room was not ready 4 hours after it was promised with the manager saying I am not sure who told you that the room would be ready. The room stank of food from the previous "extended stay occupants".... trash in the room (was cleaned just for me).... I have stayed at Extended stay properties earlier and thought they were ok. but this experience changes all that... The manager, went on to say, when you book with a third party website (hotels.com was used for this occasion) you get what you get, we can't make any promises... I would censure such a manager and have him learn customer service all over again.

Room Tip: I have not figured out which rooms are better.. I suppose it is more to do with luck and who is at t...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jyedetor
HotelManagement14, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extendedstay Los Angeles - Monrovia. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay and the issues you mentioned will be addressed.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at mnv@extendedstay.com, or call me at 626-256-6999. I do hope that you will allow me the opportunity to apologise in person so that i may regain your trust.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#4 of 7 in Monrovia
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Quality Inn Near City of Hope
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia? Share your experiences!