“Convenient Location with Kitchen”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
“Convenient Location with Kitchen”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Recently renovated and pleasant in area full of restaurants, shopping and activities. Easy on/off from I-210 in Santa Anita Racetrack area northeast of LA. Rooms are small for the cost, though, and kitchenware was nearly non-existent. Nice outside area with large, mature oaks and charcoal grills with picnic table.

Room Tip: For better views and away from all day direct sun, choose the side closest to I-210. It's not t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Santa Paula, California
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I had a great stay. My bed was very comfortable, the service was friendly and accomodating, and it was ice to have a kitchen in the room even hough I was only staying over night. Santa Anita was my destination, so the location was great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Trina N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly, accommodating staff, your fully equipped kitchen and our location. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our staff. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed 7 March 2014

If you are staying in the area for an extended time the price and the personnel are great and the location is convennient just off 210. The rooms are clean and have a full size fridge, stove and microwave.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert F
Robert - Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I’m so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay at an affordable rate. I’m glad that you enjoyed our location, our staff and your fully equipped kitchen. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Goleta
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Easy to get to, right off the 210. Several eateries to the east on Huntington. Room was clean but basic. No box of tissues, and only one trash can, located in the kitchen. One in the bathroom would have been nice. Adinah at the desk when we arrived was super nice, quite an asset. Our room was not ready at 3PM when we got there but an "Accessible" room was. Adinah gave us a 10% discount for the inconvenience since we had to get ready to be somewhere and needed a room right away. Over all convenient location and good experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Monrovia, California
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have reviewed before but have no problems updating the fabulous experience at Extended Stay Monrovia California which included the homily atmosphere and excellent location for all services.
I am Irish and a contractor (Patrick Geaney), in September a fellow contractor came from the UK and I recommended Extended Stay to him which he was very happy with.

What happened next shows the first class care that Lysette and Stephanie give to all clients in the hotel. My friend broke his hip had an operation and came back to the hotel, it was agreed he could work from his room but needed looking after during the day (non medical) in case he needed anything I could look after the night care. It needed quick thinking, I immediately asked to speak to Lysette and Stephanie and explained I required someone to to check on Arthur during the day. At first they thought I was asking the hotel staff to do this but I explained we wanted someone who we would pay just to ensure he was okay and could they recommend someone. (hilarious comment from Stephanie Patrick if I am in trouble I want you in my corner!!!)
Sure enough a cousin of Stephanie steeped into the breach and proved to be excellent.
Any 5 star hotel I challenge to beat that for service care and consideration for their clients.

I retired on the 21st February and am writing this from Vietnam. From April 2013 to February 2014 I was at Extended Stay. All the staff and management did everything they could to ensure it was a pleasurable experience and worked extremely hard to ensure standards were kept to a very high state and succeded

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Arcadia, California
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I really enjoy staying at extended stay, the rooms are very comfortable and clean, the staff are great hosts. It is hard to get a great price for a room overnight anywhere but if you would like all of the above I would suggest extended stay, it is well worth it. It seems like these hotels are always in nice areas and close to a great restaurant.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Terrible experience. I stayed here for two months (Nov-Jan) and between billing problems and vandalism this place is not safe. My BMW M6 tire was slashed (attached) and 2 other tires were flattened while parked at the hotel. The hotel insurance refused to cover any of the damages nor would the hotel admit responsibility. You would think you would get some better service after spending thousands of dollars at a hotel. To top it all off, I was charged for another week stay after checking out. Talk about adding insult to injury.

I would steer-clear of this place and pay the extra few dollars to stay at the surrounding hotels of which there are many.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank PhantomCypher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#5 of 7 in Monrovia
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia? Share your experiences!