“Great Manager and Staff!”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Covina, United States
“Great Manager and Staff!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My complements to the Manager and her professional Staff. I had a minor issue, having had inadvertently booked a smoking room online rather than the desired non-smoking room. Ms. Valdez, the Manger, was kind and helpful in making a real effort to rectify my mistake without making me feel as if I was an internet neanderthal.

I would also like to offer my gratitude to the Housekeepers and landscapers as my room was immaculate as were the common corridors and grounds.

My sincere compliments to the entire well run operation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Whittier, California
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have been to many hotels motels, some good, some bad, some not worthwhile.
This new hotel was clean, walking distance to restaurants, walking the dog, nice area.
I'll be back. The staff that helped us was a very friendly and funny person, even ask if we needed water,toothpaste, never had that kind of service.
The nightly rates was good.

• Stayed July 2014
Chico, California
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely amazed with the service we received here at this motel. The staff here was so helpful and very friendly and now I will be sure to stay with this chain of motels again. Very clean rooms, very comfy and nice continental breakfast too.
Stephanie and Seccurity if I spelled her name correct was amazing as well, want their bosses to know they are awesome !

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Monrovia, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I plan on staying there in the future for at least a month while renovating my condo. Great room, location, and hopefully I can get a better deal. I wish I could use both AARP and AAA, to get a better deal.

• Stayed July 2014
Bedford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have stayed at this location four times, its sister location up the street almost a dozen times - one time for 3+ months. I enjoy the properties and continue to keep coming back. Stephanie remembers my name on check in and the service is very good. My only complaint about the property is that there is no place to sit outside and get a bit of sun but I can live with that :)

This trip was tough but Stephanie did her best to make things a bit less stressful.

Room Tip: this location is easy on/off the 210 freeway and I recommend it to anyone that needs to be in the ar...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Pacific Grove
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I like the idea - nice to have a kitchen. Here were my problems: (1) AC making a random clattering noise every 30 minutes even when turned off - enough to wake me up; (2) bed sheets rose-scented for some reason - odd; (3) no liner for window curtains - so either the room is dark and must turn lights on; or open curtains with direct views from outside into my room; (3) I was in HC room, so not sure if this is typical, but the closet doors were removed, and the beat up guiderail was still installed - looked strange and felt cheap; (4) Iron, but no ironing board; (5) iron did not work when I did get the ironing board - had to go ask for another one (in the morning when I am trying to leave - had to wait 10 minutes for it); (6) kitchen minimally equipped - no drinking glasses or cups even in the bathroom - had to ask for them. Got back late and needed them; desk clerk said she would deliver them, but she was 'running the night audit now but would send them soon' (its late at night - should not have to wait. Been writing this whole thing since I asked for them and still have not gotten them; (7) phone has dial tone, but when press '0' nothing happens (no dial guide - how do I reach the front desk?) (8) some bathroom attachment removed from the wall and wall not painted back to cover up the white primer paint; (9) blanket barely wide enough to cover the bed with just a little bit left over to hang over the side of the mattress - makes it hard to stay covered when sleeping. (10) Just now got drinking glasses, but got the wrong ones - the clerk asked if I wanted ceramic mugs or plastic glasses. I said ceramic - but got plastic. (11) a big empty plastic water jug has being lying outside the front entry in plain view since last night and no one has picked it up. Gosh - dunno what to say. What is next? Nice to have a kitchen though. Really - I will probably come back, for about $110 a night. Just - the details, folks. Maybe a checklist would work - not sure - but something is off here.

Room Tip: I guess try to find a 2nd floor room if you want to open your curtains without someone standing outs...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Monrovia hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I do not usually write reviews, but after working with Stephanie at the Front Desk, I wanted to officially recognize her dedication to service, customer focus and attention to detail. She has been a tremendous help during my stay and a friendly greeting is always expressed when she is on duty. I hope she gets promoted as she has truly demonstrated a passion for Guest Service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Joe W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#4 of 7 in Monrovia
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Quality Inn Near City of Hope

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia? Share your experiences!