“Fun night out!”

T Phillips Alehouse
Ranked #18 of 152 Restaurants in Monrovia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We went to this restaurant one night to participate in the weekly trivia night they host at this restaurant. The beer menu was great with a large variety and different styles of beer available. Our food took awhile to arrive, but it was tasty. Would recommend for a date night pub scene.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My wife and I stopped in here after a long day of travel wanting some good local food. On a Monday night there were plenty of places to sit. My wife ordered the chili burger and I opted for the chicken enchilada stack. We also ordered sodas for our drink. The sodas were huge glass mugs that even the thirstiest person wouldn’t be able to inhale and let’s not forget the fact that these were glass so you got a nice one arm workout while you were sipping your soda. Given the fact that the place was pretty empty we were surprised how slow the service was, it took almost 45 minutes for us to get our food. We both enjoyed the food, but I thought the chicken enchilada stack had a few too many black beans (fewer beans more rice would have been better for me). Over all we were very pleased with the food. Our wait disappeared after she delivered our food, and did not show up until we were well past done. We paid for our food and it would appear that the wait decided to give herself a tip in the process. We tried several times to flag her down, but to no avail. My wife decided that since the wait had already given herself a tip that there was no need for us to give her any more.

Overall very good food, but service is slow and watch out for the self-tipping.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

One normal person can't eat an order of their loaded nachos - the thing must weigh five or six pounds... - but it's fun to try as you sit and watch a game or four on their screens set up all over the bar. It's a family friendly place as I saw people with kids all over except at the bar. Happy hour offerings are a good way to go as well.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Nice selection of food, reasonable prices, good service. Like their chicken satay skewers, chicken enchilada stack is good.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped in tonight after a very long day traveling. Appetizers really enjoyed them. We are from Florida and very unfamiliar with the beers on tap here. Sampled a couple had our appetizers and was planning on having another beer to watch the softball game. Asked server if I could try a beer as she walked away she rolled her eyes and went to the bartender, she then came back and told us only 1 sample per person. Well if this was to much for this establishment I hope they can make a good living with zero tip. Maybe someone should explain to the employees what tip stands for.