“Love this place”

Rudy's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 145 Restaurants in Monrovia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Always excellent food and cheerful service. Rudy actually walks around and greets customers. Great prices also. I make the ten mile trip to go there as often as possible.

1  Thank trip_lady15

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Rudy's is family owned and operated. The family recognizes us every time and Rudy himself comes over to say hello and shake our hands. He will bring galletas for our young ones at the end of our meal just about every time. The food is excellent and the Rudy's margarita is mind-numbing. Drink responsibly!

1  Thank otterrock
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We hadn't been to Rudys for a long time, I'm not sure why but do know my husband is unhappy they do not have ground beef and he feels the salsa is a bit watery, I don't mind as they will bring us extra veggies and I can get around the ground beef just fine.

We do love Rudy and his family. His wife is always at his side and I just love his son Juan, who makes one mean margarita. This is a great family place and it is very pleasant to have the same employees that have been there for a long time and that says a lot about management and Rudy.

They also have a fantastic Happy Hour, try it u will like it.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

This place has been a staple for my family for years. We got probably 3 times or more a month. The service is always good, my kids always want to be sure to say hi to Rudy. The food is quick, hot, and I have yet to have anything I am not completely satisfied with. Best Mexican food in the area hands down.

2  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Not much to look at from the outside but absolutely worth a trip through the door.

Staff are amazingly friendly (brought me a taste of a sauce when I was unsure what to choose) and the food was not fancy but very well cooked, nicely presented and balanced.

The guacamole was fresh and zesty, a quesadilla was enough for a starter for the three of us, and the chicken mole was subtle and the meat was falling apart.

Fantastic