“Excellent Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 October 2013

So glad I was able to find this hotel! The newly remodeled rooms are great with a very different feel from most cookie cutter hotels. About the only criticism I have is that without a door on the tub in the bathroom, water goes all over the place from the shower. Nothing that a quick wipe down can't fix though.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel is conveniently located by lost of restaurants. The rooms make a nice first impression, but sadly some parts out room proved to be impractical. For example, the modern looking sink and faucet splashed water everywhere when turned on and the nice little sofa in the room didn't have a real great view of the TV. Plus our bathroom had a couple of moth flies in it. (Read about them in another review.)

On the plus side, the room was quiet and cookies at check-in were yummy.

Front desk staff was polite enough, but no one really gave me an overview of the hotel. I spent 4 nights in the place and there was no mention of complimentary breakfast or even where the restaurant was located. Maybe I should have been happy that I was told where the elevator was.

So all in all, not the greatest hotel stay that I've had, but definitely not the worst. Just okay. I will give other hotels in the area a try for my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
lplascencia, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear OregonJen2013,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We are always taking guest comments into weekly meetings to improve our service to our guests and we appreciate your candid review of our property. Rest assured, we are working to address the issues you mentioned and invite you to stay with us again soon.

Warmest regards,
Luis Plascencia – General Manager

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This was a great double tree. Lounge and appteizers great... to watch football game. Outdoor area in the evening by the pool for cocktails and conversation. Great price for a great location...many places to eat near by.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotel was very nice. The room very clean . I liked the hard wood floors . Hotel carpet always feels dirty but these hardwood floor you could tell were very clean. The bed very comfortable . Our room had a large soaker tub with a rain shower head . This was amazing. The only concern was privacy thebathroom had a glass wall looking into the bedroom only a curtain seperated each room. My husband and I did not mind the view but other people my not be as comfortable with not bathroom doors. Great place to stay would visti again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotel was clean. The rooms, though environmently effiecent, were not to our satisfaction. the sliding door that separated the bathroom from the room was terriable, there was no privacy. the shower leaked out so the floor was always wet.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Awesome...I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel. Love everythiI would not change a thing about this hotel. My new all time favorite, bar none. Very modern, clean lines. Platform bed that is like a sleeping pill. Reading lights and regular lighting on each side of the bed. I could live here, liked it that much!! This hotel was the first one that only had a shower no bath that I completely wouldn't trade a bath for. Comfy robes and towels! The designer got it all right! The pool and patio area complete with cabanas are awesome to get a cocktail from the lounge and chill out by. Restaurants nearby although the food at Elements is quite good, such a pretty property . . Free parking, good wifi and I was so overall surprised and delighted as Doubletree is not my usual first choice. I definitely will visit again.

Room Tip: I think every room is good, but if you have some cash to spare, upgrade to larger, but make sure...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed there four nights at a large suite room. There are very comfortable beddings in the room with a spacious sofa TV area. Crabtree & Evelyn cleansing products in the bath room is a plus. We will buy some of the products later on. Both check in recetionists and staffs on site are very friendly and give smiles. It will be nice if the hotel can send daily newspaper to each HHnors. member room instead of going down to the lobby. One minor problem is that the large suite room is next to the elevator and somtimes we could hear the noise in the night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!