DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Generally this hotel is the best. Clean, upgraded and wonderful staff. Just don't stay in room 201. this was supposed to be an upgraded room, but was below expectations for a basic room in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This was the first time I stayed in this particular hotel in over 10 years. It appears to have been remodeled and is very nice. They now include a free drink in the evening and free breakfast for HHonors members. The HHonors floor and rooms are nicely appointed. My only complaint is that when I went to place the two free bottles of water into the refrigerator, there was a terrible stench that came from it. I almost called down to move rooms, but I gave it a few minutes since I was already unpacked and set up. It eventually got better. I was only here one night, so I don't know if it was cleaned or replaced after I told the clerk at checkout. There was also a thermostat on the wall that didn't appear to connect to anything, but the controls on the unit worked fine. The breakfast was very excellent.

Room Tip: Having HHonors membership gets you into some very nice rooms on the upper floors.
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My company holds a conference at this property so I am very familiar with it. My lack of support for it is their European style of sleeping rooms. The beds are so low that I almost need a crane to lift me up each morning. I did call the hotel prior to arriving and was told they can add a mattress to raise the height but when I did arrive, they could not do that nor did they have any alternative rooms to offer. I dont like this style and wish there was another place to stay. I am trapped there.

1  Thank themanstan
lplascencia, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear themanstan,

I would like to thank you for your review. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate your request for a second mattress. We know that some people prefer taller beds and are taking that into consideration.

Luis Plascencia - General Manager

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Nice hotel and I felt safe in the room. The hotel staff was very helpful and courteous. The gym provided a good workout environment with state to the art equipment. I will stay at the Monrovia Double Tree Hotel in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2013

the staff are very helpful and we were traveling with a pet which was treated like family!! The rooms are clean and there is plenty of towels extra pillows and a nice big screen television. I will definitely be staying here whenever I am in Southern California.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I enjoyed this hotel. I asked for an upgrade upon check in and had a very nice room. I found the staff to be very helpful as well. However, the breakfast was not great and overpriced. If you skip the breakfast you will have a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The surrounding area is very nice with many good restaurants near by. The hotel accepts dogs which is why we chose to stay here. The elevators are close to the side entrance next to the lobby entrance. We can take our dog through this entrance and to the elevator without going through the main lobby. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. We always stay here when we visit Pasadena area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!