DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$153
US$162
US$142
US$200
US$175
All reviewsdouble treeclaim jumpersanta anitawarm cookiesrose bowlpool areanice hotelbreakfast buffetgreat place to staybusiness tripenjoyed my stayair conditionerfire piteasy accessconvenient locationlos angelesfree parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I would probably give this a 3.5 if it was available, but for an upscale hotel I was just not impressed. The rooms were clean, but for me the New Age décor was not exciting as the mattresses seemed to be on the floor making it hard to get in and out of. The 'desk' area was very; narrow and not very usable. The room was fairly large, but the price just didn't justify the contents. Staff was friendly enough. Like I said... It's ok. But I would rather stay at the Marriott across the fwy for much less price and equal or better rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. It is with comments like yours that we can improve our hotel. We will take your notes into consideration for future planning. We hope you'll give us another try soon!

Warmly,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The room I had a really smelly toilet, it smelled like a swerer leak. I contacted the desk and they took care of it right away. It turned out it was a sealent at the base of bowl. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Last week, I was traveling to Pasadena for work and chose to stay at the Doubletree by Hilton in Monrovia and had a great experience. The customer service was superb and I would recommend anyone to stay here. And the bed was beyond comfortable!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed here several times and been completely satisfied with everything. This time though I was not, I was charged the military rate, where the breakfast buffet is included, I could stay and utilize the voucher as my flt was too early. I did not receive the refunded rate of $20 dollars that i paid for this?? The door on the bathroom was broke and would not close properly. The pillows were useless and flat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Heather,

Thank you for your review. We're sorry your stay was not so wonderful this time. The room issues have been noted with our housekeeping and maintenance teams and they will address them. We hope you'll stay with us again next time!

Warmly,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I really hate giving this hotel 3 stars. It's very friendly, and as a Hilton Gold member I was treated really great. But... our room (1002) was a top-flight room -- a spa suite. But... there's not even a sliding door to the bathroom, just a curtain. A CURTAIN! And the glass that separates the sleeping area from the bathroom is about three-quarters high and separated by...a curtain. A CURTAIN. We're talking about a bathroom without a separate toilet room. I get the European feel they're trying to create but a curtain doesn't do it. We just shook our heads and were glad we were staying there only a night.

Otherwise, front desk check in very friendly. Breakfast staff extremely friendly. But... a curtain?!

Just beware. If a curtain separating the bathroom from the room in the suite doesn't bother you, then perhaps you might have rated it higher.

A curtain?!

Also, fyi: We were on the highway side of the room. Lots of highway noise at night.

Room Tip: Choose the side away from the highway and make sure, if you want a suite, that the bathroom has a door and not a curtain.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Herbert,

Thank you so much for your candid review. We really appreciate your honesty about our open floor plan. I can certainly understand how this room just wouldn't be for everyone. We hope the next time you're in the area, you'll give us another chance!

Best regards,