DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
US$142
Hampton.com
US$198
US$164
All reviewsdouble treeclaim jumpersanta anitawarm cookiesrose bowlpool areanice hotelbreakfast buffetgreat place to staybusiness tripenjoyed my stayair conditionerfire piteasy accessconvenient locationlos angelesfree parking
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I thought this hotel was a beautiful room and service for a really good price. we will be back next year. The pool was nice too, and we thought the free breakfast was really good quality. We used the free internet and it worked great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Matthew G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Samantha,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel amenities. We strive to make sure our Full American Breakfast Buffet is delicious each and every day. We hope you come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent service and facility. Great gym. Great poolside area, wonderfule staff. I've stayed here before and this place is always very consistent. One good indicator is staff turnover is very low...many of same people for several years I've been there.

Dear Edward,

Thank you for your glowing review of our home. I appreciate that you recognize our employees are very happy here. We hope you come back soon! We have some warm cookies waiting for you!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I can't thank this company and the people at the Monrovia hotel enough. Being a patient at the City of Hope it's so nice to have a place like this to stay at. The staff here are so nice and understanding.

Dear Tracy,

I appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel here on TripAdvisor. We know your time at City of Hope can be very taxing and we hope that we bring a level of human touch that helps you to relax. Thank you again!

Warmly,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed two nights at the Doubletree. Upon entering the room my first thought was this is a great room with an asian/modern feel to it. Then I encountered the bathroom and was excited to see an oversized soaking tub. Then I noticed the bathroom didn't have a door, only a curtain and the tub had a shower over it and no shower curtain. Then I realized there was no wall separating the bathroom from the bedroom, just a half wall of glass covered by a curtain. To my further dismay the faucet for the tub was in the ceiling as was the shower nozzle. Needless to say this is not an ideal set up for most couples. It was nearly impossible to rinse my face off in the shower as the water only falls straight down. On the plus side the pool area was very nice. The pool wasnt very large but it had cabanas with overhead fans and plenty of seating and towels. And I must say the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. The customer service was also excellent. We were greeted by every member of the hotel nstaff we encountered.

Room Tip: See if you can get a normal bathroom
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your comments and are thrilled that our service left a great impression on you. We hope you'll stay with us again soon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

A really nice DoubleTree. One of the better/nicer I have been to. Extremely polite and helpful staff. Restaurant food was very good...bartender friendly. Definitely a place I would come back to. And yes, the cookies are a nice touch!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Matthew G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Steven,

We appreciate you taking the time to write this glowing review, and hope to see you again soon!