“You will not be disappointed here. I loved it!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“You will not be disappointed here. I loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Traveling on business I decided to book this hotel. Usually DT's are consistent. I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. The rooms are contemporary, comfortable, and quiet. The pool was outstanding with a bar, canvas cabanas and outdoor seating. So nice on a warm evening. The staff is wonderful and they gave me a free breakfast coupon! Parking is free. The wi-fi in the room is free and it works! This is a nice hotel to return to after a busy day. Prices are reasonable . Loved it!

Room Tip: view the fabulous San Gabriel mountains.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a great hotel to stay at. It is convenient to lots of restaurants and close to freeway. Staff is helpful and friendly. Hotel is very clean and bed is very comfortable. The view of the mountains is beautiful and the outside cabana and pool area make you feel like you are not in the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Denver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is very convenient to the 210 with easy on/off access. Parking is free and there are a lot of restaurants around. My foam pillows and extra towels were in the room when we arrived. As typical for a Doubletree we got delicious chocolate chip cookies. They had bell carts for our use to get bags to our room. Rooms were well decorated and clean.

We checked in and the kids wanted to hit the pool/hot tub but it was closed for a private function. We decided to head to dinner and go to it later. On our way out we asked about the washer/dryer for use and they told us where it was and that they would send soap to our room. We got back and no soap so we called down and they sent it right up. We hit the workout room which was very nice as well as the pool. The hot tub was lukewarm. I told the front desk and they said it often happens and called engineering to fix it but it never got more than lukewarm. This function kept the lobby noisy throughout the evening as well as the pool area as party guests would come out there and the photographers came out there for multiple photo shoots.

We had a nice room layout with a little alcove area with a sofa and tv. The curtains opened and closed but some light filtering shades did not function correctly and had to stay closed.

As we were getting ready for bed around 10:45, I heard water dripping. Water was dripping from the room above into our room. The curtains were soaked, along with some bags and clothes we had under the curtains. I called the front desk and they sent up an engineer. He looked at it for a few minutes and said he would be back. I told him I would leave the door cracked and he could come back anytime. We got ready for bed and about 30 minutes later we called the front desk since we hadn't heard anything. They said they tried to get in touch with us (we were not on the phone, our door was cracked open) to tell us there was nothing they could do. The AC in the room above us was on and leaking and dripping down into our room. They told us the room above us had a DND sign so they didn't disturb the guest. The remedy was to send us more towels to soak up the water. I think this was a common occurrence as the curtains were stained. Unfortunately we left the hotel with some wet clothes.

We also figured out the little alcove we had was due to the elevators next to our room and we listened to the elevators go up and down all night. While these rooms are unique, I would not recommend any of these rooms next to the elevator. Ours ended in an 01.

Not likely I would return here. Was very hectic while we were there and I am not sure if that is common or not. I would be concerned of mold due to the poorly functioning AC system. Employee who checked us in was very pleasant, most everyone else didn't seem to want to be there.

Room Tip: Away from an elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked on this hotel to spend a leisure weekend in the Los Angeles area. We found the hotel to be very nice, comfortable, clean and modern. We arrived after midnight and were courteously greeted with a warm cookie and in minutes were sleeping in our room on the 10th floor. The room is spacious, had a king size bed that sits a little lower than a regular bed. It was very comfortable with an array of pillows to choose from. everything looked and smelled clean. I left the curtains open and very early we were woken by a strong California sun. The room gets hot very quickly and air conditioned is required at every moment in this time of year. The A/C unit at the room worked very well but it was too noisy (this is my only complaint about the hotel).

We read some reviews regarding the bathroom doors being too thin, I think they could be better, more like real doors instead of a thin MDF sliding panel. Privacy can be an issue here however, we did not find this uncomfortable.

The hotel sits on the verge of the 210 freeway which is very practical. It has free parking and decent free Wi-Fi (I hate to pay for Wi-Fi!).

The location is not ideal to combine with activities in Los Angeles beign at at least a half an hour drive to and from Hollywood if traffic permits. If I ever need to do stuff in Monrovia, Pasadena, Duarte, even Glendale, I will book here. Great place, great staff!

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face East so you don't have to turn up the A/C very early in the...
Green Features: Standard for Doubletree. Towels and linens are not changed unless you request it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
神戸, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Next time I should stay this hotel. The hotel staff (front, restrant , mentenance staff) they are very kind , frindly. ホテルスタッフはとても親切、で気持ち良い宿泊でした。 設備もよく快適な宿泊でした。個人家族仕事レジャーにもおすすめです。フリーウェイにも近くロケーションも最適でした。

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Once we discovered that one of our favorite authors was doing a book signing at Vroman's in Pasadena we headed for the "land of milk and honey." Made a quick reservation at Double Tree. Had stayed there several years ago and it was time to review. The hotel was in an excellent location with great on and off ramp ability to the 210 freeway. We arrived early (before noon) and they did not have a room ready but they apologized and locked our luggage in a secure area while we ran errands. Returned and got a very nice room facing the well-groomed parking lot. Plenty of restaurants in the area, The cushions on the bench outside the elevator were a little worn and could use some updating but the room was great, quiet, and comfy.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet as the hotel is fairly secluded and off the street and away from the highway.
Green Features: The hotel has a green philosophy. The chain is environmentally friendly and does all the "reuse the towel" suggestions, etc.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thanks for the great review! We hope you had a great time at the book signing! I'd also like to thank you for pointing out some of the wear and tear. We are working diligently to reupholster the cushions and have plans for updating our elevator.

I hope you'll come back and stay with us on your next trip to the Monrovia - Pasadena Area!

Warmly,

Matthew Goo - General Manager
Irving, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Nice facility! Lovely rooms and beautiful pool area just off the lobby. I like that there are nightly events at the pool area, even though I was not able to participate on this visit. I will return when I can participate in Jazz or Salsa and enjoy Starbuck's coffee at the deli.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Denise,

Thanks for the review! We hope that you come back soon to listen to Jazz by the pool on Thursdays. Bring your dancing shoes for Salsa Sundays, too! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmly,

Matthew Goo - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
DusitD2 Hotel Constance Pasadena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!