Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful. I requested a room facing the mountains and got it. The room was clean. The bathroom was sufficient in size. Free wifi and coffee. Lots of stores within a 5 minute walking distance: Trader Joe's, Applebees, Panda Express, etc.

The buffet breakfast, which was included in my room rate was a feast.They even make personalized omelet. The lobby bar has a happy hour from 4:30 to 7:00 (?) and sells beer for $1.

This is not a luxury hotel and doesn't pretend to be one. For me, it's a clean, quiet, no fuss hotel at a standard rate that's close to Pasadena Old Town, Arcadia, Glendale and even LA (30 minutes). This is a very good hotel at the price range they charge.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the mountains but away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Good afternoon, Norvyn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on trip advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our neighborhood shops, restaurants and most importantly our hotel. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

www.marriott.com/LAXMR

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We were impressed with the very friendly and helpful staff. We had a lovely view of the San Gabriel mountains from the 7th floor hotel room. The hotel is convenient to lots of places such as Huntington Library, Caltech, Pasadena, and lots of stores are closeby.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Greetings, Katy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words on Trip advisor. Our team here is always appreciative when recognized. We are nestled in a beautiful area.. We hope that you come back and visit us again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed in the Courtyard by Marriott in Monrovia Because it was only about a 10 to 15-minute drive to my company's office in Arcadia. This hotel is conveniently located right off of the 210 freeway. I stayed on the 7th floor in a room facing the mountains, a very nice view. There is a large variety of restaurants close by. But it turns out I did not need them because I worked all day and then went back to the hotel to do more work in my room. As a result, each night I ate dinner in my room. The food selection was very good and the service was excellent. I asked for iced tea and received a whole pitcher. The person answering the phone was very helpful and courteous. When I received the final bill, there were a couple of charges that didn't agree (i.e. $2.50 room delivery charge and a separate room tip charge). But I did not know they automatically added this charge, so the bill was more than expected and I had already left a tip as well. I ate breakfast in the mornings and that was a huge buffet style breakfast with absolutely everything offered. They even had a chef on hand to custom make omelettes to your specific preference of ingredients. I had very reliable internet service that was also included with my room each day. I did not use any of the hotel amenities, but understand that there is a pool and fitness room. The hotel was super clean and the staff was very attentive. The room was large and had a separate couch to sit on besides the bed. The desk was large and included connections for my laptop computer and gave me plenty of space to place my documents and work comfortably. Overall, this was a nice and convenient place to stay away from home while working.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the mountains to the north, on one of the higher floors for the best view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Nostalgiacrazy,

Thank you for the wonderful comments that you took the time to share on Trip advisor. We value your input and comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed staying at our hotel and you enjoyed the restaurant and room service. It is standard in most hotels to have room delivery charges; I apologize, if we did not make this clear at the time of ordering. I very much look forward to you staying with again. If I can be of assistance with room accommodations, please contact me directly.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel is an average Courtyard. The rooms are all pretty much the same but the bathrooms in this hotel seem really small and there is no magnified vanity mirror which I think is important.
Also, the old fashioned air conditioning units attached to the wall smell like mold and the air gets blocked by the draperies so it's stuffy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear a g,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a comment on Trip advisor. We take all comments very seriously and will address each item that you mentioned. We will be going through a refresh in the near future. I would love for you to give us another try.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

selected this hotel because it was the site of a training session; cannot beat the convenience of staying in the same place as the meeting, right? WRONG !
at check-in asked (repeatedly) for a quiet room, away from freeway noise. my room was on the 6th floor, facing askew to the freeway (that's the best you can do as the hotel is built so that all rooms have a view of the freeway), at the furthest end of the building, and it was like having the trucks drive right under my window all night. Was able to catch a few hours of fitful sleep only by cranking up the A/C fan.
The hotel is nicely appointed, but the main thing I ask is a place to sleep; don't care for the bar or the breakfast room.
Checked out after the first night of what should have been a four nights stay.
Would never stay here again and would not recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms
1  Thank gpcd
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear GPCD,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip advisor. Your comments are very important to us. My apologies that you did not experience a good night’s sleep while staying with us. We offer a couple of sleep tight kits to the occasional guest that feels disturbed by any freeway noise. This might have assisted you. I would like to extend the opportunity to make things right for you in the future, if you would like to email me I would like the opportunity to follow-up with you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Large hotel that is not in the same format as most Courtyards. Former Sheraton that has been completely redone. Buffet breakfast is excellent with eggs cooked to order. Friendly staff and rooms are well appointed. As noted by others free ice water and coffee in the lobby and a small bar area. Bartender is super and one suggestion is that you might want to move into the restaurant area to sit as the bar can become very noisy. Note comment on room location. We had a even number room on the north side and had some freeway noise, but putting the fan on stopped that issue as it masked the noise. Free parking and lots of good restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a odd number room at the north end. Farthest away from freeway

Dear Mr. Michael B.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to trip advisor. We take all of the feedback very seriously. It is great when our guests recognize our efforts to make your stay enjoyable. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to you coming back and staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We chose this hotel because they were offering a package that included tickets to the Renaissance Pleasure Faire. Check-in was super fast and they offered us a choice of room location, which was nice. The room was nice, clean, and large. Internet was fast and reliable. The only problem we had was the TV remote not working well, and the thermostat kept resetting itself to 78, so it got too warm at night, and I had to get up to fix it.

The location was great just off the 101, with a ton of great places to eat very nearby. Breakfast was also included in the package, and it was OK, but the omelets are made with an Egg Beaters type product, instead of fresh eggs.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear hhrvt,
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed the Renaissance Pleasure Fair. I am sorry that the tv remote and the thermostat were not up to standards. We have made sure that these issues have been fixed. Our restaurant has a made to order omelet station; they should always have fresh eggs. My apologies if they did not offer you the choice. Your feedback is valuable to us, we strive to make each guests stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to your next visit with us.

colleen.langford@cymonrovia.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd.
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia? Share your experiences!