“Great convention hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great convention hotel!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My group had a wonderful stay here. The rooms have been updated - just lovely and very functional - also nice and quiet. One small quibble is that the wall unit blows air directly on one bed, but we were able to divert the air flow so that it wasn't annoying

The lobby has also been recently redone in a sleek Metropolitan decor. It is also very functional, with superb gathering places and a bar with a "wall of water" backdrop (a terrific bartender too!). Food was great, including the fresh fruit and delicious eggs at breakfast and the catered buffet luncheon. Our meeting room was perfect for the event and staff kept it neat and the pitchers full of water.

The staff at this hotel deserves a special commendation. They are uniformly friendly, helpful, and cheerful, beginning with the front desk personnel and including the all-important housekeeping staff. I asked for replacement pillows and they were quickly and cheerfully delivered. What a treat to stay where you are so welcomed and valued!

Green Features: I like staying at a hotel with water-saving practices.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Keepdancin,

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy that your group enjoyed their stay with us. Our renovation is new and exciting; it is great to hear feedback such as yours. We hope you come and see us again soon.

All the best,

Colleen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel has been undergoing some renovations for quite some time now. During this time, a poor quality make-shift bar was put up. Also, complimentary breakfast was instated to make up for the inconvenience. The problem is that I go there often on business and find the temporary bar to be well below Marriott Standards and the breakfast service has lost its quality and variety. Many things that were offered before have been temporarily discontinued. Thus, the complimentary meal to make up for inconvenience has itself become an inconvenience since I preferred to pay for breakfast and have access to all that was offered. As a Marriott rewards member, staying at this hotel to maintain my Elite status has become an unwanted burden, especially when the Double Tree is right across the street! I do however, want to state that the only feature that has remained constant through these renovations is the great positive attitude by Henry the bartender. The bar might look like it's in shambles but Henry does a great job of keeping your mind off it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello DJ Hernandez,

Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor. I completely understand your frustration on the time our renovation is taking. We have run into some unforeseen glitches with the new Bistro/Bar renovation. Unfortunately, this is out of our hands and we are waiting for permits to be approved. We are so very close, to having the Bistro Plus open. Henri has done a great job of embracing his temporary lounge area. Thank you for recognizing him; he is a great asset to our team. I really appreciate your loyalty to Marriott. I would love to discuss your thoughts on the renovation, as well as the new Bistro Plus when it opens. My direct line is 626-531-8011 or my direct line 626-531-8011.

Monrovia, California
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great hotel , upgraded infrastructure.Henry is the best !!!
Great hospitality and benefits during the stay.
Complimentary breakfast helps a lot when I have to start my day early.I have stayed here frequently in the last one year and have seen the hotel upgrade the facilities.

Room Tip: Meet Henry when you are here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Greetings Deveshsinha, <

Thank you for leaving such a great review on Tripadvisor. Henry is a special asset to our team, thank you for taking the time to recognizing him.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have previously stayed at this hotel a few years ago and was very pleased at that time. During my most recent stay in early May 2014, there were a few issues that need to be improved.

First the good stuff...
Very convenient location just off the freeway. There are restaurants nearby and a Starbucks a block away. I was in room 915 (top floor) which was newly renovated. Very nice, spacious, and a comfortable bed. Water pressure in the shower is excellent. No problem with parking. Front desk staff very courteous. Free breakfast was offered to compensate for the renovation that was going on in the cafe/lobby area. I did not partake so cannot comment on the quality of food.

Now for things that need to be improved...
The internet connection was horrid. I was using wifi and it kept dropping the connection. Not particularly conducive if you were doing work and needed a reliable connection. I tried to do a wired connection but could not connect at all. I called the front desk and the explanation I received is that they were having problems with the internet connection perhaps due to the construction going on. Hopefully this really is the case and once construction is over there will be no issues.

Housekeeping needs to be reminded what the Do Not Disturb sign means on the door handle. Both mornings of my stay, housekeeping was knocking at my door BEFORE 8 am, and even tried to come in, despite my having the do not disturb sign on my door. I prefer to sleep in so this was definitely more than an annoyance for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Greetings Pigsterz,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your newly renovated guest room. The renovation in the lobby and Bistro is almost complete as well. Regarding the wifi, I understand your frustration completely. I can assure you that this problem is being addressed and will be fixed ASAP. I have also been working with our internet provider to increase our bandwidth. There will be a dramatic increase in the speed of the wifi as early as next week.

I apologize that your Do not disturb sign was not honored. I have reminded our housekeeping team the importance of honoring the guest’s request. Our housekeeper on the 9th floor is one of our seasoned team leaders. I have spoken to her regarding your stay; please accept a sincere apology from us both.

Thank you again, for your feedback. It is great feedback such as yours that helps our team continue to thrive on making our hotel such a great place to stay. I hope you will be back to the hotel soon so that you can enjoy the new Bistro~Plus, as well as, our improved internet. Please contact me directly, I would be more than happy to assist you with your future reservations. My direct line is 626-531-8011 or colleen.langford@cymonrovia.com.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were put in a room on the second above an area where there was construction/remodeling going on and I did not get any sleep! Why would the staff put anybody in a room above an area where they know there would be noises because of construction/remodeling?

Check in was very quick and easy, and when we got to the room, there were no construction noises coming from downstairs, this was around 4:30. We left for the evening, and returned after midnight and I noticed a worker in the room below my room sanding or sawing something. It was late and I figured I didn't want to change rooms at that time, and I definitely regret not asking to change rooms because at around 7AM... I heard the noises! Hammering... bang, bang, bang, silence... bang, bang, bang, silence! This went on all morning!!! I had in earplugs and I could still hear the noises coming from downstairs; I fell in and out of sleep. It was just awful because I like it to be completely quiet when I sleep, which I know can be hard when staying at a hotel.

I like the location of this hotel since they're right off the freeway and there are many places to eat in the area, staff was very friendly, and the room was clean, but the noises in the early morning made it miserable for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Greetings lvgrl2014,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your experience on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry that the renovation noise interfered with you getting sleep. The construction team and I have organized all of the renovation process to have the least impact on our guest. I had asked them to sand late evening so that the dust would not be an annoyance to our guest. I had no idea that they would be hammering at such an early hour. I have addressed this with our renovation team and they share my disappointment that we disturbed you. Thankfully, we are in the final stages of our renovation.

We are all very excited about our newly renovated hotel. I am truly sorry that this had a negative impact on your stay. I would really like to discuss this with you either over the phone or by e-mail. My direct line is 626-531-8011 and my e-mail is colleen.langford@cymonrovia.com.

Kind Regards,

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here for business. Typical Marriott Courtyard service (professional and helpful) and decor. The nice thing is that it's right next to the freeway. Stayed on the upper floor away from the freeway where it's quiet. As always the bed is very comfortable for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Greetings jetters888,

Thank you for your great comments and for being such a loyal Marriott patron. I am very happy that you enjoyed our new mattresses, and cannot wait until you are able to utilize our new Bistro Plus.

Tennessee
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We were told over the phone that there was not a free breakfast included, however when we checked in, we were told that there was free breakfast! Pleasant surprise! The hotel was under construction when we stayed but we didn't even notice. We really liked our room...901! It was on the top floor on the corner. Great view of the freeway and the mountains! The beds were very comfortable and the room was very spacious. There was a nice computer desk included with a charging station for all your electronics. There was a coffee pot and a refrigerator in the room, which was nice.
This hotel was also conveniently located in a central location, that is there are many restaurants and shops nearby. The staff was very friendly as well!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Hello Sleepyhollow420,

Thank you for your great review on Tripadvisor. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Courtyard Monrovia. We have finished our room renovation and are really close to completing our new Bistro Plus. I hope you are able to come and stay with us again soon.

Colleen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#4 of 7 in Monrovia

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia? Share your experiences!