“Best in Monrovia”

Bella Sera Trattoria
Ranked #2 of 135 Restaurants in Monrovia
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: between Lemon Street and Lime Street
LA
“Best in Monrovia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We visited Bella Sera for 15 years. It's always was our favorite restaurant. It's just got new owners and being remodeled. Today was our first time at New Bella Sera. We were very pleasantly surprised. It's look good, food great, our Server Vitaliy was very gracious and pleasant. It's a bit noisy inside, but it always been like that. We definitely coming back.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank g-ma2001

Cartersville, ga
“Wonderful Food, Awesome Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a family dinner that included kids to grandparents and this was a perfect place! Bella Sera is in the middle of downtown surrounded by many little shops and restaurants and has a relaxed, quiet atmosphere. The kids menu included "make your own" pizza and the kids LOVED it. Wine selection was great for the adults and the food was authentic and fresh. You must try the tempura portobello fries . . . delicious!

1 Thank Travels_with_Kids_12
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely ambiance, superb service, awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Located in old town Monrovia, this newly renovated and new owner and management is a gem!
Started with homemade aqua fresca... Light and refreshing on a summer day
The portabello fries were Amazing!! Mamas salad was light and full of wonderful flavors, the Cesar was crisp and wonderfully tossed with just the right amount of Parmesan
We had 3 different entrees and all were a delight to our senses ( lasagna, rib eye and shrimp) portions were nicely sized and excellent . We finished up with a tiramisu ... Light , creamy with a touch of coffee
The service was awesome , attentive but not overbearing nor did we feel rushed... Easy to carry a conversation without having to yell
I,for one,will return and I am looking forward to see this chefs innovations on food.

Monrovia, California
“Not as good as it used to be.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I wrote a review of the restaurant before it changed hands. It was excellent. Now, with the new owners, it was average. The menu is limited, possibly because of the re-launch. The bread used to taste homemade, this did not. The service was prompt and friendly. My husband and I had the meatballs for an appetizer. They were very good. We had the chicken parmesan. The portion was large, but I thought it on the bland side. We did not have desert. I hope the new owners expand the menu. I miss the gnocchi with tomato cream sauce that the previous owners used to make.

Monrovia, California, USA
“love Bella Sera!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I love Bella Sera! It's in my neighborhood, so I have been here numerous times on different occasions.

The service is really friendly and they know how to handle large groups and busy services.

Some dishes that I often get are the fettuccine bella sera, penne arrabbiata, and salmon guazzetto. Also, I'm not a big fan of salad, but the bella sera salad is exceptional!

Overall, it is a really nice restaurant with a dedicated staff.

Visited November 2013