“Surprisingly good rooms”

Quality Inn Near City of Hope
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is a classic two-story motel that has updated rooms. The furnishings and fixtures are pretty good with stone counters and tiles in the bath. The rooms aren't quite wide enough to fit the office desk and TV cabinet at the foot of the king bed - it's a tight squeeze with the chair in place. It's still a 2 star hotel, but is a good value for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Had an unexpected meeting in neighboring town of Irwindale that lasted longer than expected. Doubletree oversold and gave me the shaft and I ended up in the Quality Inn. I was very upset, but lucked out, with the service and rooms of the hotel. The front staff of the hotel was very courteous and accomodating. I will be staying here from now on. And save.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Brenda P
Reviewed 14 May 2012

“Very nice hotel, especially for the price and location”
We needed to be at the City of Hope, and were very pleased to find this hotel. It is less than a mile from City of Hope, was very clean and nicely updated. The staff was as friendly and helpful as could be, the beds were comfortable, the atmosphere was quiet, and we had a pleasant stay. We expect to have more visits at City of Hope, and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I found this this hotel randomly after pulling off I-210 tired from driving, looking for a place to stay on my way back home to the Central Coast from San Diego visiting family and friends. I was greeted warmly and respectfully at the front desk by the manager, Mr. Patel. He was very polite and helpful recommending local restaurants. There are many places to eat within walking distance whether you want fast food, Chinese, sushi, and a great Mexican place (Max's) right next door with some of the best margaritas! Room was very clean, comfortable bed and pillows, slept like a baby. As I was loading my things to depart, I ran into Mr. Patel to return my key, and he asked how my stay was and wished me a pleasant and safe trip home. Again I could tell he and his family take great pride in providing outstanding courteous service to their guests. I will definitely be back next time I need a rest stop off of the 210.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Hallz999
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Passing thru on business and selected this place based on their proximityy to the freeway and a few restaurants (see my review of the Spagetti Factory within walking distance) close by.
They were easy to find and had a nice secure parking lot. The young lady working the check-in counter was very pleasant and gave me info about 4 or 5 good places to go for dinner nearby.
I typically seek out brand-name hotels around the $65 to $95 range and my expectations adjust with the rate. When I entered the room I could tell within about 30 seconds that this hotel takes" care" of there rooms. On the small'ish side, but immaculate clean. None of the typical signs of "wear & tare" (I'll spare you the 50 examples of what I mean). After dropping my bag on the bed and a quick visual check of the bath/shower, bed, carpet, couch, desk/workspace, lamps, tv & power outlet at the desk one word came to mind; nice!

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank Danny_OI812
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Where do I begin with this hotel? We drive in the hotel and this place needs a major face lift. It's truly old looking compared to the picture on the website. So we get into our room and we noticed there's no phone. My boyfriend says maybe they don't want to be bothered at front desk. So I went down stairs at front desk to let them know that there was no phone in my room. The woman looked at me like I was nuts. The lady at the front desk did come right away and replaced it.
Also the water pressure is low when taking a shower. There is no safe in the room. I kept taking my lap top everywhere as this place doesn't look safe. I would have stayed at the marriott hotel but it was sold out!! Although I have to say the room is clean.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank exnewyorker0
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Very nice and friendly service and welcome. Don't expect much from Quality Inn but comfortable beds, clean but old looking rooms. Nevertheless, for just one night... not a big issue.

For the price and purpose of trip as a quick overnight, it has excellent value.

And across the street is a whole bunch of fast food restaurants so that makes life easy as well! KFC, sushi, pizza, etc....

Oh, breakfast was also fine, some bits of everything...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank WSS64
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#3 of 7 in Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Home2 Suites by Hilton Azusa

Been to Quality Inn Near City of Hope? Share your experiences!