“Just what we needed”

Quality Inn Near City of Hope
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Our family of 4 (along with many other family members) stayed here for a weekend to celebrate my great grandmothers 100th birthday. It is a motel, but nice all the same. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful, pool was clean (although small), and the rooms were fine. It's not a 5 star hotel, but a great deal for a good nights sleep. My only complaint is that the carpets could use a cleaning. Complimentary breakfast of waffles, cereal, pastries and yogurt was fresh and substantial enough to get one through to lunch. All in all a good deal

Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Haskinsfam

Reviewed 13 August 2012

First things first -- this is a MOTEL -- it is NOT and Inn nor hotel. How on earth Choice Hotels would give it the Quality Inn label is beyond me. I admit that I should have read these Tripadvisor ratings closer to realize that.
As in any standard motel, there is a small, separate building where you check-in. In that small building, they do serve a few danish, etc., in the morning (with 2 small tables to sit at) but that off itself does not make it an "Inn"! ALL rooms are outside entrances. The exterior appears run-down. There is a second floor (which I stayed on) but just a concrete and steel (exterior) stair to get to those rooms. The room itself is decent as long as you go in realizing you are staying at an older motel. On the bright side, t has been well kept and appeared clean. As a standard motel, though, just a standard old 19 inch tube tv (no flat screens here), and of course just an area by the sink to hang a few clothes (no closet or wardrobe).
The person at checkin and checkout was very nice. All in all, I would have rated this higher if it was designated as a MOTEL so I could rate it as such. But, I am rating this as a "Quality Inn", which it definitely is not. I usually look for Inns or hotels -- those with lobbys and inside room entrances. Guess you can't trust a name anymore.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is a classic two-story motel that has updated rooms. The furnishings and fixtures are pretty good with stone counters and tiles in the bath. The rooms aren't quite wide enough to fit the office desk and TV cabinet at the foot of the king bed - it's a tight squeeze with the chair in place. It's still a 2 star hotel, but is a good value for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Had an unexpected meeting in neighboring town of Irwindale that lasted longer than expected. Doubletree oversold and gave me the shaft and I ended up in the Quality Inn. I was very upset, but lucked out, with the service and rooms of the hotel. The front staff of the hotel was very courteous and accomodating. I will be staying here from now on. And save.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Brenda P
Reviewed 14 May 2012

“Very nice hotel, especially for the price and location”
We needed to be at the City of Hope, and were very pleased to find this hotel. It is less than a mile from City of Hope, was very clean and nicely updated. The staff was as friendly and helpful as could be, the beds were comfortable, the atmosphere was quiet, and we had a pleasant stay. We expect to have more visits at City of Hope, and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I found this this hotel randomly after pulling off I-210 tired from driving, looking for a place to stay on my way back home to the Central Coast from San Diego visiting family and friends. I was greeted warmly and respectfully at the front desk by the manager, Mr. Patel. He was very polite and helpful recommending local restaurants. There are many places to eat within walking distance whether you want fast food, Chinese, sushi, and a great Mexican place (Max's) right next door with some of the best margaritas! Room was very clean, comfortable bed and pillows, slept like a baby. As I was loading my things to depart, I ran into Mr. Patel to return my key, and he asked how my stay was and wished me a pleasant and safe trip home. Again I could tell he and his family take great pride in providing outstanding courteous service to their guests. I will definitely be back next time I need a rest stop off of the 210.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Hallz999
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Passing thru on business and selected this place based on their proximityy to the freeway and a few restaurants (see my review of the Spagetti Factory within walking distance) close by.
They were easy to find and had a nice secure parking lot. The young lady working the check-in counter was very pleasant and gave me info about 4 or 5 good places to go for dinner nearby.
I typically seek out brand-name hotels around the $65 to $95 range and my expectations adjust with the rate. When I entered the room I could tell within about 30 seconds that this hotel takes" care" of there rooms. On the small'ish side, but immaculate clean. None of the typical signs of "wear & tare" (I'll spare you the 50 examples of what I mean). After dropping my bag on the bed and a quick visual check of the bath/shower, bed, carpet, couch, desk/workspace, lamps, tv & power outlet at the desk one word came to mind; nice!

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank Danny_OI812
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#3 of 7 in Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Home2 Suites by Hilton Azusa

Been to Quality Inn Near City of Hope? Share your experiences!