“Nice enough, but not outstanding ”

Quality Inn Near City of Hope
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Checkin and checkout were stellar with very pleasant hotel staff. Did not partake in breakfast, so no opinion there. Room was clean/ comfortable and grounds well maintained. Only minus would be non-working fridge, but I bring cooler on all road-trips.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The owners and employees were incredibly friendly and helpful, such as replacing the telephone in the room as it did not work. The breakfast room was small, but we always found a table and the choices were well maintained. The options were better than other Quality Inns -- yogurt, tasty juice, waffle batter brought out as necessary to keep it fresh. The rooms were very dated, though. The broken phone and noisy A/C were not a surprised based on the first look. Fine and tidy for a few days, though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The pictures of this property seem to be *very* old. Everything is much shabbier than these pictures would indicate. We made reservations at another hotel, but upon arriving found that they didn't have any more non-smoking rooms. This left us scrambling for a place late in the evening. We took a room because we didn't want to drive far so late in the evening. The employees tried to be helpful, but we requested extra pillows and they arrived without pillow cases. The price was inexpensive and they did have an expansive breakfast: waffle machine, those chocolate covered mini donuts, some danish, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, bananas/apples, coffee and juice. There is a McDonald's across the street and a Starbucks next door. The pool is very small. Also, the TV is the worst I've seen in a hotel in years-not flat screen and the reception for most channels is terrible. I'm pretty happy we only stayed overnight.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was in the area for business and needed somewhere to stay for one night. I selected the Quality Inn for the location and the price. The hotel was clean and was ok for staying 1 night. I was on the 2nd floor and there wasn't an elevator. I just had a small bag so that wasn't a problem for me. The rooms are dated and the TVs are very old. Breakfast was ok

Good place to stay if you just need someplace to sleep for a night, but if you want more, I'd go somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed as we were passing through. We arrived in the late evening hours. Manoj, the manager checked us in. He was helpful and friendly. Very hospitable. The room was clean and sufficient for our needs. We had two kids with us that really enjoyed breakfast. Although they wanted to swim, we didn't take the time to. We would stay here again if our travels brought us this way.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed there & it was wonderful. It was very clean & welcoming. The breakfast buffet is incredible for a continental breakfast. Waffles (freshly made) hot syrup, eggs, bagels & cream cheese, danish, coffee, flavored creamer, juices, cereal, muffins, donuts, yogurt. The front desk staff were so pleasant I wanted to go back & stay even though I didn't need to.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The staff is so friendly, kind and courteous. The rooms are clean and inviting, plenty of plugs to charge things, you get a mini-fridge, coffee maker, and even a microwave. The breakfast is top notch, great coffee, fresh pastries, bagels, and even waffles. Out of the four hotels I stayed at on my vacation, this one was hands down the best. I'd recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, it's pretty quiet and peaceful all around.