“Hotel of my choice”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Cupertino, California
“Hotel of my choice”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed in mid June 2014 for a 4 nights here. The hotel is neat, people are nice, kitchen has good food for breakfast. The location is also good that many stores like target, walgreens, gas stations, staples, best buy are nearby, in less than 1 mile. Target is in 5 min walk.
The hotel comes with free parking as well.

I think this is the hotel of my choice!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Portland, Or
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I made a reservation at this hotel at the last minute while my kids and I were traveling to visit family. It was really just what we needed! The staff at the night window were helpful and pleasant. The room had updated decor (including marble/stone counters and tile) and, most importantly, was clean and comfortable. My two kids and I were able to get to sleep quickly and get a good nights sleep for our continued travel the next morning. The breakfast selections were great and the gentleman at checkout was so kind. Would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of property and was quiet and restful.
Fort Meade, Maryland
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Front desk were very friendly --this is a 60's style motel with outside door entrances. Owners need to realize this is 2014 there should be a computer and printer available for guests to use--at the very least a wireless printer to print airline boarding passes.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is the first time I stayed here and I really enjoyed it. The two-level hotel was one of the smaller ones but was functional. I like how the parking lot was surrounded by the hotel itself like in a courtyard fashion. I felt more secure. The hotel probably needed a new coat of paint but everything was good otherwise. The check in process went smoothly. The general manager, Manoj Patel, was very nice and helpful. He was also very knowledgeable on the surrounding areas and can give you advice on where to eat and so fourth. The room and bathroom were clean and spacious. Everything was in working order. The check out process also went smoothly. Great customer service. The breakfast was okay for a Quality Inn. They have a waffle maker, boiled eggs, cereals and pastries.

The only issue we had was the neighboring business. Not sure what it was but it seemed like a daycare center as we heard young children screaming in the evening, but it went quiet near bed time so it wasn't too bad. Overall, it was a very good stay and I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: As usual, choose the highest level for more quiet. The pool and ice machine is near the front of th...
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband had a work near by so I drove there at late night around 1 am. An attendant Harry welcomed me and after watching me tired he even offered me a glass of water and made a nice coffee for me. And at the time of checkout he was still there in the morning as energetic as night.
I tried waffle first time in my life and it was too good. The motel has very quite environment and a best place to relax after a long drive in that area. Although I found it little costly but anybody can pay extra $5 or $10 for that hospitality and quite & clean environment. It is very clean motel indeed . And shopping areas are just across the street.

Room Tip: They have very bad TVs and very slow internet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Washington
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was my second stay in this Quality Inn of Duarte. I like this motel. Although it may be more than some people want to spend for mid-grade accommodations, it is cheaper than most other similar motels in the greater Pasadena area. You’d probably have to spend a lot more money to get a room sufficiently nicer.

Although located on busy Huntington Drive, the motel rooms are quiet as there is a two-story structure that faces Huntington that blocks the noise. (To enter the motel you drive through a “tunnel” through this two-story structure.) The guest rooms are beyond this two story structure and kind of face an interior parking lot area.

Check-in was great and the proprietor Manoj is very friendly. The breakfast was good with hardboiled eggs, yogurt and fruit in addition to the bread and pastry fare.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet since they are sheltered from Huntington Drive noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Lorain, OH
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I booked this hotel based on reviews seen here and it did not disappoint. I was there for a quick overnight stay for business. After a pleasant chat with the owner's wife, I was given my room key and upon walking into my room, it was spotless. The room suited my needs perfectly and the bathroom looked like it had undergone a recent remodel. Very modern and clean. I cherish a quiet environment and after spending eight hours on planes, I couldn't have been happier. No outside noise whatsoever. The rooms are set back from the main road, so you'll never have to worry about being woken up by a car horn, or loud truck.

The next morning I went back to registration for breakfast. It had the usual assortment of continental breakfasts featuring a waffle iron for waffles, assorted pastries, cereal, coffe, tea, juice, etc.

I know that if I am going back to Monrovia, this is where I'll stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor, which probably added to the quietness. If you don't mind walking...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#4 of 7 in Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area

Been to Quality Inn Near City of Hope? Share your experiences!