“Great value, good service and perfect location”
Review of Oak Tree Inn

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Several members of our family stayed here for a few days to attend a wedding in Arcadia and our experience was very nice.
The rooms were clean and confortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was ok.
The location is great, very near to the 210 freeway and with easy access from Huntington Dr.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank hestrada06
There are newer reviews for Oak Tree Inn

Reviewed 29 May 2013

On short notice, Oak Tree management allowed us to cancel one of two nights due to a family funeral. Room was spacious, very nicely furnished, carpeted, granite sink top, big coffee pot, nice frig and clean. The shower was a little difficult to work but it did. Nice private pool. Located next to Claim Jumper & Red Lobster & Interstate - it's convenient. Overall a much better deal than the pricier Motel 6 at Hotel Circle by San Diego.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Martha M
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We booked this hotel through the online traveling sight kayak.com.

When we arrived, the room was not at all as promised. It was dirty, blood on the carpet, bed spreads stained and really gross people working there. As soon as I saw the room I called kayak for a refund and a room reassignment. Not only did they not refund my money, they would not help me find another option for my stay.

Then the hotel would not refund my money. We left and stayed at the marriott down the street.

It was the worst hotel experience I've ever had.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jandu111
OakTreeMgmt, Manager at Oak Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear jandu111,

Thank you for your review!

We apologize for all the trouble during your stay. We can understand how you were when you arrived and the room is not what it was promised. It was a hassle and more importantly you guys arrived at night time.

We would love to cancel the reservations for our guests, but for online reservation it works differently. If guest would like to cancel their reservation, they would need to cancel directly through them (online reservation agency) which you did. The very next day the management had been trying to give you a call, but somehow we couldn't reach you. Once we got a call from Kayak regards to this issue, we went and process the full refund for you.

Every room here at the hotel is clean and fresh. Every single part of the room have been gone through a deep clean, and also we have professionals come in to wash carpet on a regular basis. In fact, we are in the middle of renovation that includes replacing the carpets in the rooms.

Because your satisfaction is very important for us, we welcome your feedback and would like to speak with you directly. Please feel free to contact the hotel direct at 626-358-8981 and ask for the manager.

Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed for one night in the middle of the week. I checked in late and the front staff was just OK. Not nice but not rude. Did not tell me about the breakfast or the swimming pool. My room was 204. Everything was worn and needs an update except carpet was new. They had plastic covering the mattress so every time you moved it made noise. Room did not feel clean and did not like the little ketchup size shampoo they had where you tore it open for one time use and they had no conditoner. I use a CPAP machine at night. Found plug by bed and plugged it in. Throughout the night my machine kept turning off and then back on. I thought it was my machine until I came home and used it and it was fine. Also noticed alarm clock was plugged in over by TV instead of by the bed and now I know why. Would not stay here again and would not recommend this hotel either, pay a little more for a better hotel. In the end it is worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank LoveMauitoomuch
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Stayed 6 nights checking in Feb 6th. Room was ready about 20 minutes after arriving as we got there before 1:00pm. Our room was large and clean, but all furniture very worn and outdated. The staff were pleasant and helpful and gave us Clubhouse passes to Santa Anita for Saturday and Sunday. Restaurants are close by and easy access to the 210 to get around LA. Rooms are inexpensive and we would stay there again. If you want luxury then be prepared to pay for it in LA.

Room Tip: The rooms on the very end seem to be the largest. Also, you may get a cheaper rate calling direct in...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Checked in late on a Wednesday night, had no problems. Front desk said internet line was down, but I tried to sign on I DID get on, that was a bonus. Beds are very comfy!!! Breakfast was really good the first day! However, the next, the coffee pot wasn't there and the donut I grabbed must have been day old and tossed it after one bite. Lots of good restaurants to choose from in the area. Great walk to the racetrack on a beautiful day. Only thing I was surprised not to see in the room for $74-$79 bucks a night was a iron and ironing board.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
OakTreeMgmt, Manager at Oak Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear darren g,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you had a good experience at the Oak Tree Inn and found our location and amenities to be a plus. We took a note for your input about the iron and ironing board. We hope we can add this to every room, right now we have them in the front desk which guest can make a request.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel as your destination. Please call the hotel direct at (626) 358-8981 if you need any assistance with reservation.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

I was part of a grup of 14 that stayed for two nights to visit Huntington Gardens. We all agreed the hotel is well-located, clean, and has a professional front desk staff. It is a basic hotel with a good continental breakfast of coffee, juice, donuts, muffins, croissants and fruit. It is not the Ritz, but a good place to stay for the money.

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank GardeningBabe
OakTreeMgmt, Manager at Oak Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear GardeningBabe,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay and liked our breakfast. What you said is why our guests chose to stay with us because of our clean room, location and most importantly our friendly service.

We hope to see you guys back again soon. Please call the hotel direct at (626) 358-8981 for your future reservation. We're sure that there's a lot more to explore around here. Thank you once again.

Monrovia/Arcadia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Quality Inn Near City of Hope

Been to Oak Tree Inn? Share your experiences!