“Has gone downhill”
Review of Here Comes the Sun

Here Comes the Sun
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Montara
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I went here a few months ago and thought this was a great place. Good coffee, good people. But something has changed, and not for the better. The latte was weak - milk tasted like it had been steamed three times before I got it. The guy making it got up from laying down on an old ratty couch that the customers are supposed to sit on? Don't think so. Won't be stopping by here for a while.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Good place to get wonderful coffee, and lattes and mocha's . They make the best mocha's ever!
The owners & all behind the counter are very pleasant & fun to talk to. Loads of parking , all the way around the building; front and back. There outside patio has a wind break with a view of the ocean and Highway one. A very good place to sit with your friends & get out of the wind. And the patio is good for parents & their children to hang out.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

If you are in the neighborhood - I mean up to 1 hour drive - get in your car and drive there! It's worth it. The lady and her mother, who both serve, are sooo nice; and coffee is so delicious that you just can't with for anything else. Oh, yeh. Internet - hey, they've got a wireless there too :)))
Perfect place !

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Here Comes the Sun is a place for anyone of us to take a moment for a delicious cup of tea, coffee or energy drink and meet some people who thoroughly enjoy what they do. Amber, Phoebe and assistants will whip up what you would like to drink. If they don't have it, they will make it. Just ask. How easy is that? Chai spicy or sweet? More or less milk? Coffee rich and strong? Or lighter weight? Espresso or Americano? Grab it to go or hang out? They will send you on your way with a smile and make the world a better place for having stopped there.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Last week we stopped at Here Comes the Sun, a coffee shop / cafe in Montara. It's about 30 minutes south of San Francisco on Highway 1, the coastal highway. Look for its yellow sign. This spot has changed hands over the years, so I thought I'd stop in and try it again.

The shop is run by the owner, Amber, and her mom. Clearly the 'locals' like the place. (usually a good sign) Everyone is treated like an old friend or a future friend. (always a good sign) From the first moment through the door it was a warm visit. (Caveat - the owner recognized me as a coast resident and teacher from a long time ago - and the owner was an ex-student of mine. However, I left the coast several years ago and we all had to remind each other of our names.)

My girlfriend and I had a chai and an Americano. Both were good. I liked the choice of either spicy or sweet chai, since I find most cafes automatically serve something far too sweet. I chose the spicy. It was good - built from Mighty Leaf Bombay Chai. (I still seek the holy grail of a shop that sells either its own spiced tea blend or a brand that is strong and not one of the typical few brands. But that's another discussion!)

I also had a scone. It was okay, but not inspired. (Sadly, I find it rare these days to find a coffee shop with exceptionally good baked goods.) I'll try one of the other offerings next time through.

The setting is very comfortable - a coffee shop of the old style with a variety of chairs and tables, with couches, kids' art on the wall, three separate seating areas, and wifi. There's an outside area with a windbreak (important on the coast). All rooms have views of the ocean through the Monterey Pines, though it's marred a bit by the traffic on Hwy 1. (I checked "scenic view" below because you can see the ocean.)

So next time you drive south from San Francisco or Pacifica, or north through Half Moon Bay, stop in Montara at Here Comes the Sun Coffee House, and say hello. But be careful, you might not leave.