“Dinner at the Inn”

The Village Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Village Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Monte Rio
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bohemian Highway
Transit: Sonoma County Transit bus 20 is convenient, as is Bill's Taxi at (707) 869-2177
San Diego, California
“Dinner at the Inn”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Delicious clam chowder! Grilled shrimp was good, however the slaw and noodles beneath it took away from the great flavor of the shrimp. Would either order noodles on the side, or rice.

Visited August 2013

Sebastopol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Hospitality and Service”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

First- it is the best place to dine on the Russian River- unless you are in a canoe. From my 3-4 dinning experiences at the VI- I was always impressed with the professional service - especially in a 'rural' place like Monte Rio. Even when they were busy, our meals were ordered and served in a 'timely' fashion. And they not only have a great variety of yummy food (and wine) choices- yet they also give generous portions...
One time our group had too much wine and became a bit boisterous, however we were still treated with kindness and understanding. Thank goodness. The owners are very friendly and a big supporter of the community. So it's easy to say it;s a great spot to go!

Visited August 2013
Sonoma County, Callifornia
“Great food, great service, great ambiance”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I live in Guerneville, just down the road from Monte Rio, and I love this place. I could sit on the outside deck and eat/drink forever, gazing at the Russian River below. The bar makes truly great drinks; the food is always cooked perfectly, and the service is always prompt and helpful. I recommend the brie appetizer, and (as opposed to another rater) think the pork dinner is generous and quite tasty. I've eaten everything on the menu at least once, and never had a bad meal! If scalloped potatoes are on the menu when you visit, order them - you'll be glad you did.

• Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“Fantastic food and service”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

First class food, great views, the owner Mark at the bar, Lana is the best server and funny. The chef and sous chef create great meals and desserts.

Visited July 2013
Windsor, California
“Where's the pork?”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Ok, I have to say that my wife and son loved this place.

I had the pork tenderloin, because it was not Friday or Sat, so no prime rib, and I either didn't see the filet mignon, or cheaped out.

Anyway, I got about 5 little oreo-sized pieces of pork. While they were reasonably tasty, I left feeling robbed and hungry. I had steak fries on the side, and they were pretty good, although I suspect they were made by Ore-Ida. I passed on the dipping sauces for the pork, because none of them sounded appealing.

Service was good. Dessert sounded great, but no one else was hungry.
Wife and son loved the clam chowder, and whatever else they had to eat.

5 stars from them, maybe 1 1/2 from me.