“An Real Diamond in Los Angeles area; almost like a Bed & Breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Montebello
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Been here 3 times in last 5 years on business. Great hotel in RUSTIC location in Los Angeles. You would think you were in Vermont or New Hampshire. Hotel is surrounded by the Montebello Golf & Country club, and some soccer fields. But in middle of Los Angeles convenient to Pasadena, Rosemead, and even the shore.

Rooms and beds are great, and very GOOD PRICE. This hotel would cost $400-$450 a night in Boston but it wouldn't be as scenic or as quiet. Service is very good. I'm only eaten breakfast here and it's average. Great for family too. VERY SAFE since you are in the middle of a large park/country club. There is lush vegitation surrounding the hotel, plus there is an outdoor fireplace and patio.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Domino1969
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Dear Domino1969,

Thank you for your very nice comments! It is very good to know that you have chosen to stay with us in the last five years when you come to our area. It validates our commitment to ensure our guests a pleasurable experience when they stay with us. Once again, thank you and we look forward to having you again for the next five years and more at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello

Reviewed 26 January 2012

It was a very long work day for me plus a 10 hour flight. Luggage is lost and my car rental sucks. I arrived in this hotel and just wanted to rest after a disastrous day. The lady at the front desk proceeded to check me in and I told her about my day and the lost luggage. She gave me my keys and showed me where my room was. After 30 minutes she called me and told me that she has followed up on my luggage and will be arriving between 6-9pm that day, she also managed to change my car rental to an upgrade and to top it off sent me 2 bottles of beer and a bunny with a note that "everything will be alright"

I was just amazed. I will never forget this hotel and how great the service was, My work is in Downtown LA is about 10 miles from this location and there are tons of nearby hotel there. However, after that service... I dont mind travelling here now all the time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Niko O
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2012

Dear Niko O,

Thank you for your very nice comments! It is always a pleasure to hear that we have made a difference when our guests stay here. We look forward to having you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Lovely setting inside a country club so you don't feel like you are in downtown LA. Rooms were very nice. They provide free high speed internet in your room and free parking for your car-most everyone else charges for both. The staff was extremely helpful. They have a nice little restaurant which we only ate breakfast at once but their menu looks interesting and they have a nice terrace with fireplace overlooking the golf course. Since we were there for cancer surgery at USC :( we cannot comment on any of the local "sights"

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear lesliedon1983,

Thank you for the very nice comments you made about our property! We hope you can come and visit us again soon and hopefully, a leisure trip this time so you can enjoy some of the local sights. I also highly suggest that you try to have dinner next time as we have new and exciting dinner menus. We look forward to having you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello!

Reviewed 12 January 2012

This hotel is a gem. The hotel is in the middle of the Montebello Golg and Country club so you are in the middle of the city but isolated from it. Hotel was quite full for the week and the staff coped easily. Breakfast was adequate but not over the top. Staff at breakfast ran hot and cold. One waiter had issues.

Room was large and well furnished. Excellent beds.

Located to give easy access to freeways that take you anywhere in LA. Good parking.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doctorfat
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Dear doctorfat ,

Thank you for your nice comments! To be called a gem by our guest is truly flattering. We're just happy and honored that you stayed with us. We look forward to seeing you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

The location was close enough to downtown L.A. to get there in a few minutes of driving, yet far enough away from the over crowded part of town. The staff were friendly. The place was clean and in good repair. It is located in the middle of a large golf course, which gives a nice feeling of seclusion from the busy city. I give the bed a good rating because it has adjustable firmness, although I didn't know it was adjustable until we checked out. My only complaint was that the room didn't have a DVD player. But, the room was definitely good for the price. I would choose the same hotel if I were to go to L.A. again.

Room Tip: For a more quiet stay, ask for a room away from the lobby.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Meador4
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Dear Meador4 ,

Thank you for your very nice comments! I just love the way you described our property. I work here and yet you made me want to book a room in our property. I guess when you said "you get a nice feeling of seclusion" is what did it for me. I am very proud of our staff and I do believe that they are really the ones who make the difference to make your stay with us a very pleasurable one. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to having you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello!

Reviewed 3 October 2011

The room was very fine and quiet. The location is nice (within a golf course) but the area does not offer too much e.g. restaurants, and you need to take your car to go everywhere. To see the LA most typical tourist attractions e.g. Hollywood, Beverly Hills may not be my best choice as you need to drive and it would take a while due to the traffic. However the hotel was very fine.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank alphane88
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Dear alphane88,

Thank you for your nice comments! I understand your concern about having to take your car to go everywhere as Southern California is served by an extensive network of freeways and highways. There are however very nice restaurants within the area. I hope you could come again and visit us so we could show you where the nice places to dine in. Once again we thank you for your nice comments and for staying with us! We look forward to having you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

We were traveling to visit relatives in Monterey Park and were originally going to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn San Gabriel but that location didn't have 2 rooms with 2 queens available so we decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Montebello and have no regrets at all!. The location was convenient (right off the freeway) and since it was part of the golf course, the location felt safe and secure and the grounds were beautiful. The rooms we had were large enough to have 2 queen beds and still have room for a portable crib. It was also a great to have a microwave and fridge to store items for the babies. The shopping center across the street was also a great plus since there was an Albertsons (which had a Starbucks inside) as well as a Dennys and Smart and Final so when we needed water or things for the babies it was just a quick short and inexpensive trip across the street. The front desk staff at the Hilton Garden Inn were very attentive - one of the girls who worked the late night shift remembered my daughter and asked if we had gotten a Hilton bunny and when we said 'no' and they didnt have any on hand she saved one for us and gave it to us the next night when she saw us again. The staff was also great in addressing an issue with the locks on our doors not fully latching when leaving our room and got that fixed as soon as we reported it. Also the business center with the free services was also great to have since I had to take care of some business while on vacation as well as the free wi-fi. This will definitely be our go to hotel for future trips to see the relatives in Monterey Park.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Dear bettyboopsf1 ,

Thank you for the very nice compliment! We cannot thank you enough! I always say that our best advertisement is our guests and you are proof of this. You have pointed out a lot of positive points in our hotel like our proximity and accessibility, attentive staff and convenient business center to name a few. I couldn't agree with you more. Allow me to focus on our staff as I truly believe that they are the ones that truly make a difference in our hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to having you in your future trips to Monterey Park.

Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montebello
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
Quality Inn & Suites Montebello
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello? Share your experiences!