“Comfortable accommodations”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Montebello
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Comfortable accommodations”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This hotel is in East LA, situated next to a golf course, and even though I was alone in the room, I felt very safe. The lobby was airy and had a fireplace. The room was sizeable and nicely decorated with king bed, chair and ottoman and work desk. Free WiFi was provided in the room, but was very slow. There was also a small fridge, microwave and a nice flat screen TV.

There was a small store near the lobby, which came in handy. We overindulged at lunch, so it was a nice option to grab a microwaveable soup and soda and have a light dinner. The only real complaint was hearing dogs barking outside during the night, but that was beyond the hotel's control.

There was a mixup on our corporate rate when my bill was delivered, but it was quickly resolved with a phone call from our corporate travel coordinator. I was given a corrected bill at checkout with no trouble whatsoever.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to avoid outside noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Marci M
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear Marci M,

Thank you for your nice comments! We appreciate that you even pointed out some of our strong points and gave us high ratings on the different categories, specially service. We are actually located in the City of Montebello. We are happy thaty ou enjoyed your stay wtih us and we look forward to having you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello!

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Somerset NJ
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I stayed here while doing tourist Los Angeles. The commute was not ver convenient but the hotels location was worth the trip. It is in the middle of a golf course. The staf. Was terrific.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank broadwaybrian
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Dear broadwaybrian,

Thank you for your very nice comments! We hope to see you again soon at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello!

Davis, California
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I found this location to be very relaxing. My room over looked the golf course. Being a woman I look for places to stay that I feel safe and this hotel is high on my list. Check in was smooth. They have a small restaurant that looks onto a patio with a fire pit and the golf course in the background. The prices were reasonable with a very nice select. Breakfast was great. You could purchase a buffet or individual items. That was especially nice. They have a snack area with the normal items but then they also had beer, wine AND they carry lean cuisine items.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank 1993Marcia
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Dear 1993Marcia,

Thank you for your very nice comments! I just love the way you decribed our property. When I see the hotel through your eyes, it makes me realize even more how great our place is and guests like you make our hotel even greater. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you at The Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello!

Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Been here 3 times in last 5 years on business. Great hotel in RUSTIC location in Los Angeles. You would think you were in Vermont or New Hampshire. Hotel is surrounded by the Montebello Golf & Country club, and some soccer fields. But in middle of Los Angeles convenient to Pasadena, Rosemead, and even the shore.

Rooms and beds are great, and very GOOD PRICE. This hotel would cost $400-$450 a night in Boston but it wouldn't be as scenic or as quiet. Service is very good. I'm only eaten breakfast here and it's average. Great for family too. VERY SAFE since you are in the middle of a large park/country club. There is lush vegitation surrounding the hotel, plus there is an outdoor fireplace and patio.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Domino1969
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Dear Domino1969,

Thank you for your very nice comments! It is very good to know that you have chosen to stay with us in the last five years when you come to our area. It validates our commitment to ensure our guests a pleasurable experience when they stay with us. Once again, thank you and we look forward to having you again for the next five years and more at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello.

Norwalk, California
Reviewed 26 January 2012

It was a very long work day for me plus a 10 hour flight. Luggage is lost and my car rental sucks. I arrived in this hotel and just wanted to rest after a disastrous day. The lady at the front desk proceeded to check me in and I told her about my day and the lost luggage. She gave me my keys and showed me where my room was. After 30 minutes she called me and told me that she has followed up on my luggage and will be arriving between 6-9pm that day, she also managed to change my car rental to an upgrade and to top it off sent me 2 bottles of beer and a bunny with a note that "everything will be alright"

I was just amazed. I will never forget this hotel and how great the service was, My work is in Downtown LA is about 10 miles from this location and there are tons of nearby hotel there. However, after that service... I dont mind travelling here now all the time.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Niko O
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
Dear Niko O,

Thank you for your very nice comments! It is always a pleasure to hear that we have made a difference when our guests stay here. We look forward to having you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello.

Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Lovely setting inside a country club so you don't feel like you are in downtown LA. Rooms were very nice. They provide free high speed internet in your room and free parking for your car-most everyone else charges for both. The staff was extremely helpful. They have a nice little restaurant which we only ate breakfast at once but their menu looks interesting and they have a nice terrace with fireplace overlooking the golf course. Since we were there for cancer surgery at USC :( we cannot comment on any of the local "sights"

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dear lesliedon1983,

Thank you for the very nice comments you made about our property! We hope you can come and visit us again soon and hopefully, a leisure trip this time so you can enjoy some of the local sights. I also highly suggest that you try to have dinner next time as we have new and exciting dinner menus. We look forward to having you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello!

st. john's
Reviewed 12 January 2012

This hotel is a gem. The hotel is in the middle of the Montebello Golg and Country club so you are in the middle of the city but isolated from it. Hotel was quite full for the week and the staff coped easily. Breakfast was adequate but not over the top. Staff at breakfast ran hot and cold. One waiter had issues.

Room was large and well furnished. Excellent beds.

Located to give easy access to freeways that take you anywhere in LA. Good parking.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank doctorfat
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Dear doctorfat ,

Thank you for your nice comments! To be called a gem by our guest is truly flattering. We're just happy and honored that you stayed with us. We look forward to seeing you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello.

Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montebello
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Quality Inn & Suites Montebello
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello? Share your experiences!