“Clean. Mostly helpful staff.”

Quality Inn & Suites Montebello
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Montebello
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Was a clean spacious place to stay. A bit out of the way and a long drive to get anywhere. The hotel offers a shuttle to a nearby walmart which was helpful when jet lagged. Overall friendly staff.

Only issues were ; hot water didn't work on last day there. And when I rang reception for assistance when my nearly 2 year old locked himself in the bathroom they did not assist at all. She said that maintenance wouldn't be available to unlock the door for at least 30minutes. Panicked, I asked for just anyone to come up and help. Of which they did not. I ended up emptying out my luggage and using bits and pieces to flick the lock. And my son was fine, happily playing with toiletries. Another issue was that reception also do not pass on messages.

But otherwise, the rest of the staff were fantastic and extremely helpful.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Quality_Montebello, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your past stay.

I would like to apologize in behalf of the staff for the delayed response during your emergency with your child. We have investigated the issue and assure you swift action will be taken by our maintenance in the future.

Please visit us again when you're in town, so we may provide you with the service we are capable of providing. Again, thank you and we hope you except our sincerest apologies.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Montebello

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

When we first drove in the buildings exterior seemed fine . When I walked in the building it was another story . The man that checked us in at 6 pm greated us professionally . I heard loud music blaring and I asked what that was and he told me it was a party ( he either said hispanic or latino ) sponsored party from a local radio station . The noise and people were very disturbing . When we went to our room the people from the party were hanging around the elevator and we all felt very unsafe , there foul language and body language were less than desirable . We were booked for 2 nights but chose the leave at 7 am the next am . We put in one hell of a loud restless night .
Our room overlooked the pool where the party was and the pool at first didn't look like it had any water in it , it did have water but it was very dirty it gave the appearance of being dirty . The people at the party were dancing practically having sex with their clothes on . Later that night when we got back from dinner we decided to have a drink at the bar since there was only about a dz ppl in there we thought it would be ok . When we were sitting at a table a drunk woman came to our table and said "if you are looking for Americans you are in the wrong place" ...
The rooms were very dated , carpet looked like a murder has been committed on it and the sofa bed was so discusting I didn't even want to put my suitcase on it . I must give credit where credit is due the bathroom even though very small was clean and had been recently updated .

• Stayed: September 2013
Quality_Montebello, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

We appreciate your candid comments regarding your past stay.
We apologize if you didn't get a good nights sleep due to our entertainment night, if you decide to stay with us again please do not hesitate to contact the front desk when ever your stay is not up to your expectations. Our front desk will gladly change you to a quieter room or ask for the music to be lowered as to not disturb our guest.
For future reference please note our hotel does have Bar & Lounge as stated on our website. Occasionally there are special events, which our guest are welcomed to join free of charge.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the best service possible next time your in town.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We landed in this hotel as we were following a local tour with Seagulls via Tours4 fun. There is nothing around the area with a few restaurant around the place. Luckily the room facilities were pleasant and since we were only staying for a single night, we didn't want to complain. We were surprised that the breakfast next morning were Chinese food and we also later found out why. It was due to the large groups of tours that consists of many Chinese. As a Chinese myself, I don't prefer to eat with them as I find them messy and loud... We quickly finish our breakfast and got back to wait for our tour leader to pick us up.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your sincere review of our property. I'm also sorry you weren't given the local points of interest by your tour guide. There are in fact many activities for tourist to enjoy, we are only minutes from the Citadel Outlets and Montebello Town Center, and we are located right off the 5 fwy approximately 20 minutes from down town LA,. Please be aware you may upgrade your complimentary Oriental Breakfast if it's not your preference, as the breakfast provided is what the tour company you used requires for their clients. I'm very glad you found your room well appointed and accommodating. We appreciate your patronage, and hope that you'll reconsider staying with us in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed here on a free night so if you get what you pay for, I shouldn't complain. If I was paying to stay here I'd probably rate this a 2 rather than 3. First the good, the breakfast had a great selection of hot foods in adequate supply. There was an employee present stocking the French Toast, bacon, sausage and eggs to make sure everyone got some without long waits. Plenty of breakfast seating. The bed was comfortable. Convenient location.

The not-so-good: the hallways were not air conditioned at all. It was 75-80 outside but the hallways felt 90 on the night of check in and were just as hot in the morning. The room was also very hot. Fortunately the air conditioning worked but was a wall unit that was not sufficient to cool the large room quickly. Coming from the CA Valley where it was 100 I was looking for some relief, not a room that was hotter than my home. It took until morning for the room to finally be almost comfortable temperature. I estimate it dropped from 90 to 80, still not preferred, but better. Fortunately the bed was close to the wall/AC but the far end of the room near the bathroom was still hot which made it uncomfortable getting ready in the morning. The pool looked nice but was crowded with people. The water was freezing and no towels at the pool. When I informed the front desk about no towels, the agent kind of shrugged and said they ran out because of how busy the hotel was.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VisaliaShaun
Quality_Montebello, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for leaving your valued feedback regarding our property.
We will be looking into the AC issues pointed out, on the other hand we are glad you enjoyed the breakfast selections available.

Please visit us again soon when in town.

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Situated just off I-5 south Slauson Ave. Exit this hotel location is very convenient with Starbucks across the street ( for strong coffee lovers such as myself ), Denny's for breakfast lovers within walking distance and only 2mi. From my delivery point. Nice clean roons, powerhouse shower ( a must for me ), hot Breakfast though I'd rather eat at Denny's and get the good exercise. Value, paid $79.99 for a Saturday stay over. Not bad for L.A. standards. Sum up. Great locations, clean comfortable beds and room, powerhouse shower and Micro- fridge equipped. Would recommend to anyone. JBG

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank yaacovlev7
Quality_Montebello, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you very much for your candid comments about our hotel.
We are glad you found the room to be well appointed and inviting.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I had to move from my room since there was NO power at 1:42am. The other room I was moved into had no power in the bathroom, so we had to bathe in the dark! The next day I couldn't get into my room as they keys did not work and I was told that I am not assigned to any room! I had to argue and explain over and over again what happened before I got helped. So my personal belongings were in the room and it was not assigned - thankfully all our things were still there! The power finally came on, after a simple circuit breaker switch - which took them a day and a half to figure out. The maid either never cleaned my room, or didn't give us clean towels on a daily basis and we were there for 10 days! The maid had the nerve to throw out my personal soap, medicated body wash, face wash and shower cap. I asked for a clean comforter since I accidentally spilled my drink and was told there were none at the moment. So that means either they never clean the sheets or comforters and keep the same ones on (which I believe) or they are not cleaning them as often as they should - disgusting! The refrigerator in my room had a nasty smell and after looking under the fridge I found chicken bones and old wings! Every day I had an issue and it was so horrible and I wish I could have left BUT I was on vacation and it was fully paid for so I was stuck! Internet sucked, breakfast was free but cold and drinks watered down. No safe in the room so I felt weird to leave my personal belongings there. Customer service was just SOOOO bad, and not helpful at all. Then there was a pool party and hotel guests were invited but it looked more like a gang banger get together than an actual pool party. Everyday there was something going on and it was never good as much as I tried to stay positive, but it didn't work. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yhazmyn
Quality_Montebello, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback regarding to our hotel. I'm certainly disappointed that your recent stay was not up to expectation.

Please accept our apology for the inconvenience caused, I've addressed the service and operational issues with the appropriate department and to take corrective actions.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We go to Los Angeles every 4 months, we usually stay in Bell Gardens at the comfort suites but they were booked for this stay so we stayed at this one. It was not an easy stay at first due to the fact that their boilers went out so there was no hot water for our first two days. The staff was exceptional during this, they were as accommodating as could be in this situation, offered very good discounts or cancellations without charge. They also made extras out of the kitchen for breakfasts such as triangle sandwiches. By the end of the second day everything was up and running and it was spectacular, so much so that we canceled our stay at another hotel and extended it here. Breakfast was more than expected with Bacon, sausage, frenchtoast and many many more selections. The frontdesk clerks were extremely friendly and so was their manager. I applaud the way they handled their little "crisis" and made sure the manager knew that one desk clerk in particular deserved an extra pat on the back. This has now become our LA Hotel, it is very convenient for us and we are going back on the 21st.

Room Tip: Depending on your preference, if you aren't into the night life, Request a room on the upper flo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

We are greateful for your understanding in this matter. Our staff is trained to assist and minimize any inconvinience to our guest and we are glad this was the case during your stay.

We thank you for your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montebello
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Quality Inn & Suites Bell Gardens
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Pico Rivera
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Montebello? Share your experiences!