“Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire...”

Montecito Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Montecito Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 23 Restaurants in Montecito
Price range: US$13 - US$38
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Valley Road
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I'm a writer so what else but a musical title for my review. I had been there a few months earlier and the food was very good then as well. I had a soup and salad which were excellent but my friends crowed about their smoked salmon. We are not drinkers so I have no opinions about libations. And believe it or not, we passed on desserts. What I love about this restaurant is how laid back it is as well as its waitstaff. It is in the long shadows of the San Ysidro Ranch and right on East Valley Road, which leads to the Vedanta Temple and Book Store on Ladera Lane. I recommend Montecito Wine Bistro because it is so low-key you forget you are eating so close to Madame Oprah Winfrey, who also lives right off East Valley Road on many, many acres.

2  Thank SagePrince

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The menu is eclectic and the food consistent. We love the Kale salad and pretty much all the dishes we have tried.
Wines are terrific as well. Also, not noisy and if you can't part from your dogs, you can sit outside with them.
All around a perfect place for all around great dining.

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Really nice wine list, great menu, delicious food. Great prawn special, tasty French onion soup. Organic healthy feel.

1  Thank Simplems
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

The place has a very nice terrace on the back where you can enjoy simple, well prepared food. The wine selection is affordable and good. Save some space for dessert, specially the banana cake with almods

1  Thank MTorre
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This best kept secret was once Cafe del Sol, which itself was a treasure of casual dining. I once sold the actor John Travolta a large estate abutting Ronald Reagan's ranch near the Gaviota Beach in the San Ynez mountains and ate at Cafe del Sol a lot of the time I was in the area. Montecito Wine Bistro is also low-key, quiet with good food. My guest and I had steaks that were delicious. Non drinkers, we had delicious iced tea. The waitstaff was very attentive but not intrusive. I hate waiters that hover and fawn. Try it, you'll like it. Actually this part of Montecito is the best of the rest. The San Ysidro Ranch is right up the road. I stayed there a lot over the years. Ty Warner bought and restored it and it is truly magnificent. And their Stonehouse Restaurant is the best!

1  Thank SagePrince