I had some concerns after reading some of the negative reviews. But um, I was more than pleased. Everyone, about 8 I encountered with, were very attentive and helpful. We got a free upgrade to a partial ocean view on the first night. Out the french door was a big terrace shared with a few other rooms. It faces the ocean. It was almost like a private terrace since nobody was there. Upon our request, we moved to a full ocean view room on the 2nd nite. The room is kinda small. But no complaints here since they were all award nites. There is a picture on the hotel web site that is kinda deceiving. It shows the bath is 'open aired'. I thought I could enjoy the ocean view in the bath tub. Kinda a disappointment. But I can live without it. There is a CVS one block away. I bought 2 bottles of wine. Much cheaper than the hotel bar. The internet is free in the business center in case you dont want to cough up $10/day for the in-room internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey