“Great view from the restaurant”

InterContinental The Clement Monterey
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had the best breakfast! Wonderful view and excellent service. The Hotel is located right in the heart of Cannery Road which makes it a perfect spot. Not to mention the lovely sea lions hanging out right in front of the property.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Clement_Management, General Manager at InterContinental The Clement Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear 3Guapas, I am pleased you mentioned your “best breakfast” in our C Restaurant + Bar. As you know, there are delightful views from every seat in the dining room, and it’s all just steps from the Bay and Cannery Row. We hope to see you again very soon.
Best regards,

There are newer reviews for InterContinental The Clement Monterey

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I always stay at the Holiday Inn chain (IHG) and this is their very high-end of the chain. This place is wonderful in every way and the staff is just super. I was having terrible back problems but the massage therapist at the on-site spa took great care of me and I came away pain free. The spa is pricy but quality costs so no big deal. This hotel is right on Cannery Row and a one-minute walk to the aquarium. This is a great place and I'll be back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Herod L, We’re sorry to hear about your back problems, but pleased to hear our InterContinental Spa was able to provide some relief! Thank you for mentioning our associates, and we hope we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Intercontinental Clement Hotel is my favorite venue to bring my girlfriends who volunteer for the Society of Garden Goddesses every year! Here are my top 10 favorite things about hotel.
1. Right next to the beautiful walking trail along the ocean
2. Bathrooms accommodated 6 women getting ready to go out! A bathtub & shower!
3. 1/2 off Happy Hour appetizers & drinks
4. My room had a balcony to watch sunrise.
5. Climbing wall & foosball in conference room where we had our party. Super fun!
6. No worries about having to drive anywhere. Hotel is next to restaurants, dancing, pool tables & shopping.
7. Best breakfast! Unique & flavorful menu. Farm fresh eggs with orange yokes!
8. Cozy couches in outdoor seating area.
9. Free bottled water (however, not a fan of plastic bottles)
10. Great place to bring kids, too. Next to aquarium
11. Hot hotel staff :)

Room Tip: If you have kids, I like to be close to the pool & bike trail.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GardenGoddesses
Clement_Management, General Manager at InterContinental The Clement Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear GardenGoddesses, Thank you for your detailed Top Ten! We enjoyed it, and appreciate all of your comments. We hope to see you again very soon.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 21 January 2014

After a bad experience last May at the Marriott, we decided to try the Intercontinental instead. I'm happy to say: we'll be coming back to the Intercontinental from now on.

This is an exceptional hotel. Upon arrival, you'll love the convenience of being steps away from the Monterey Aquarium, along with the other Cannery Row attractions. We enjoyed our room facing Cannery Row with a balcony (very narrow) and fireplace. The bedding is warm and very comfortable. Service is great and friendly.

We also had a great breakfast at the C Bar in the main building's lobby. It was a bit too much hollandaise sauce, but the Clement Eggs Benedict with potatoes was really enjoyable. Entrees are about $12-16, and families will like that there's a kids menu of silver dollars pancakes, eggs & bacon, and other stuff.

I've been a loyal Starwood and Marriott user, but after three great experiences in different Intercontinental properties, I really like this chain.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Greg M, We are delighted that you visited with us, and intend to return. Thank you for mentioning our friendly service, and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our C Restaurant & Bar. Don’t wait too long to come back!
Best regards,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here in January and I really like the hotel. Its location was great and you can walk to all of the restaurants and shops. The hotel was very nice and the people were very nice. It is really close to golf courses and other attractions. All in all a very nice hotel and I will look at staying here again when I am back in Monterey.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mdr9
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed 4 nights in the Clement Monterey Intercontinental and like it for the most part. The cleanliness, the comfort, the receptionists and the bed. They were all of very high standards, very Intercontinental.
What I did not like of the hotel was the breakfast which is a la carte. When you register to have breakfast included they do not explain that one gets a voucher of US$ 22,50 to choose from a menu and the menu is really expensive. A glass of orange juice costs US$4,50. At the end the voucher was not good for much.
Second, I did not make the option for a room with a view and they gave me a room facing a brick wall.

Room Tip: Get away from these rooms that face the an ugly wall.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear MiriamM972, Thank you for visiting with us for four nights, I hope you had time to explore the Cannery Row and surrounding areas. When you return, please call us ahead of time so we can select just the right view for you. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I always stay here when I am in The Monterey Carmel area. It's very clean. The beds are comfortable and I love that you can walk along the waterfront when you leave the hotel. No need to get back in your car. Always get a room on the side that does not face Bubba Gumps which is across one side of the hotel as the other side is quieter. There are gas firepits outside where you can sit, have a drink and listen to the bay splashing against the pier. The hotel is one block from the amazing Monterey Aquarium which is a definite attraction to visit. In the mornings you can walk from cannery row which is more touristy 2 blocks and you have a walking trail overlooking Monterey Bay. There are sea lions lounging on the rocky shore. And clear blue waters.

Room Tip: Try to face the bay if you can. Stay on the south side of the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple