I am cheating a little on this review because I put July 2013 in the drop down and it was really July 2012 that I stayed at this hotel...I can't go back that far, but I can't leave this review out (I just made an account tonight - last day of Jan 2014).
This hotel feels so luxurious. I spent a fair amount extra to have a view of the water and a private balcony which probably wasn't necessary as the area was just so great to begin with..having said that, it was a special treat to stay in a room like that and I only do it once or twice a year so it was worth it!
The walks around the hotel are so...inspiring and relaxing. Just standing outside the hotel from across the street and looking at it was a pleasure.
There was a wedding at the hotel one of the nights we stayed (a total of three) and it looked very very ritzy. Of all the hotels I've stayed at, this was probably the nicest overall. I haven't felt so relaxed since I visited Hawaii.
I have only been making travel a serious effort for the past six years, but this area is a place I'm going to visit again, and when I do, I will be staying at this hotel. There are a few other choices in the area that appear excellent as well, but I have affection for this hotel, because it was just such a great experience.
Even the dodge grand caravan I rented for our trip down hwy 1 looked good in front of this place. Just remembering it now as I write this, I want to get back there. I stayed here with a dear friend and she was blown away like I was...honestly if you believe that travel is the best way to spend your disposable income, and you're heading to Monterrey...research this hotel, read the reviews, and give it strong consideration. I just don't think you will be disappointed.
What a place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey