InterContinental The Clement Monterey
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$256
US$178
Official Hotel
  • Free Internet
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$180
Hotels.com
US$151
Travelocity
3,087 results
All reviewscannery rowvalet parkingbubba gumpocean viewbeautiful hotelperfect locationself parkper dayvalet servicegas fireplaceloved this hotelsea otterspacific groverestaurants and shopsaquarium ticketsbig surmain building
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed for two nights in a suite on the forth floor with a balcony and ocean view for our anniversary. It was flawless, from the moment we checked-in, the staff was outstanding and very helpful. We walked everywhere because of its location on cannery row, we didn't use our vehicle at all. The hotel restaurant was great, a little fine dinning and room service food was also good. Also did a couples massage at the spa, definitely worth it. Overall a wonderful hotel and I recommend it.

Room Tip: Get the suite
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

It had been two years since we were at the Clement to celebrate our anniversary, so we were eager to return. This time it exceeded our expectations. What made it special was the staff. From Mark who gave us an upgrade for our anniversary to Jay, a food service manager and all the wait and bus staff, concierge services, even room service and of course, Luis in the bar. The way we were treated, the joyful energy in all the departments make The Clement our definite choice in the Monterey area where there are so many very good places to stay.

The location is ideal for us, right next to the Aquarium, a nice walk to Lovers' Point in Pacific Grove and to the Monterey Pier to the west...

Room Tip: We can't afford full ocean view, and like Partial Ocean View or the Superior with fire place. We prefer 4th floor; they seem to be brighter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Clement_Management, General Manager at InterContinental The Clement Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear cardeco, I am delighted the two of you have spent your anniversaries here with us, and we’re already looking forward to seeing you next year! I appreciate you mentioning some of our associates, and thank you for making us a part of your annual celebration.
John C. Turner

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I enjoy the IC every time I have to work in Monterey. I also enjoy it for a weekend diving getaway.

Location: in the middle of Cannery Row. 3-5 min walk to the aquarium, Starbucks & best restaurants in town. 5-10 min drive to Breakwater, 20 to Point Lobos.

Customer Service: 2 thumbs up to the IC team.

Rooms: very comfortable. I've stayed in ocean front, balcony & the cheapest rooms. All are great!

Restaurant: nothing spectacular. I highly recommend yelping brunch and dinner spots.

Spa: no sauna, steam room or spa hot tub. You can use the hotels outdoor pool and hot tub. Maybe this is ok for others but I prefer a private one for a quiet spa day.
I had a facial, body scrub & massage.
Each service was nice & relaxing. The hotel offered this as a special. My only real/silly issue was the locker key. It was attached to a bell the size of a Christmas ornament. Nothing like walking around naked in a robe with a huge ball in the pocket where my privates are. Silly.. I know. But silly enough to irritate me.

More diving info: I know the IC may not sound ideal with all our gear but it is so nice to throw all your wet gear right from your car to a cart. And more importantly, I love a nice comfy bed after diving :-)

2 thumbs up to the IC.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Excellent hotel located right on, and partly over, the water. The decor is very modern, including the lobby staircase that tries to make you feel like you're underwater. My room on the fourth floor was quite large, decorated in an attractive sort of beige-minimalist scheme. The staff members whom I encountered were all energetic and eager to please.

The location of the hotel is something to pay attention to. It is a couple doors down from the Monterey Bay Aquarium. But this stretch of Cannery Row, the street on which the hotel is located, has been taken over by t-shirt shops, pizza parlors, trinket stores, chain restaurants and the like. It really is tourist central, and there’s nothing or next to nothing left of the seafood center that made the street famous in its heyday. As far as I could see, that is true of all parts of Cannery Row’s mile-long length. Many, maybe even most, of the current buildings on the street are purpose-built to serve the tourist trade. Aside from the aquarium, staying here is like booking a room in the middle of a tourist trap, albeit a nicely located one.

Monterey's historic fishermen's wharf, on which a number of restaurants and sea tours are located, is a mile to the east and out of reasonable walking range. That also is the location of Monterey's collection of historic buildings from California's early days.

Notable, though, is the Monterey Peninsula Recreational Trail, a many-miles-long walking-jogging-cycling trail that parallels the coast. You can catch it a half-block uphill from the hotel. While you don’t have to stay at this hotel to enjoy the trail, it offers some absolutely spectacular shoreline scenery for runners.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank glendale-member

Dear Glendale-member, I am pleased you enjoyed your visit, and found time to walk the adjacent recreational trailway. Vehicle free and family friendly, many of our guests enjoy a relaxing walk along the coast. We hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,
John C. Turner

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed 5 days here, it's nice and very convenient location. I don't think I would pay the normal ( up to $300/night ) for it but we got a good deal for it. The beds were nice and soft. Shower and separate tub nice to have with kids. Kid friendly hotel, only problem I would say we had was we didn't want room service while we were there. Room service called every day to ask if we needed anything, but never sent them up. At the end of the day(s), we had to call and request the items a second time.

Stayed: March 2014