“Nice Hotel - Great Location”

InterContinental The Clement Monterey
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hotel staff from bell hops to front desk to those cleaning rooms was always friendly and helpful. My room was large, clean, well equipped. The room, though not typical, had a Murphy bed, two upholstered chairs and an ottoman, a kitchenette with sink, mini refrigerator, and microwave. The room opened to a patio that was approximately 12 ft x 20 ft and had two patio chairs plus a patio table with umbrella and chairs. Although I had paid for a AAA rate for a King room, I think this room (the bed was a Queen) was set up as a room for business entertaining. The bed was okay, but not plush, probably because it was a Murphy bed. The only negative is that the bathroom had a opaque glass door, so if one person gets up earlier that the other, the light shines through the door and wakes up everyone. The hotel location was excellent...right next to the aquarium and close to tourist sights and restaurants. The lobby and public areas were very nice. The large patio that extended out over the water's edge was a perfect place to sit and have a glass of wine. The WI-Fi worked well. I would highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Room described was 321.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Clement_Management, General Manager at InterContinental The Clement Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear TravelTalk4You, Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit. I hope we will see you again soon!
Best wishes,

There are newer reviews for InterContinental The Clement Monterey

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here with my cousin on a recent weekend in Monterey. The service throughout the hotel was friendly and helpful. And the location could not be better right on Cannery Row, just steps from the Aquarium. We ate at the hotel restaurant and the meal was one of the best I have had in the area. I had the scallops, which came perfectly cooked and in a delicious sauce. And we had a window seat with a nice view of the water. Did I mention the guitarist, he was just the right touch.

Our room was spacious as was the bath. We did not have a view room but it was very comfortable. I like that the windows actually opened and we were near the pool/hot tub.

The place is not a bargain but there are coupons out there and points for belonging to the Intercontinental chain's hotel club.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear expat326, I am very pleased you found our associates friendly and helpful, and enjoyed your visit to our C Restaurant + Bar. I hope you will not wait long to return!
Best regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband, son, and I stayed here for my 40th birthday, and it was one of our favorite hotels. We splurged for a balcony overlooking the bay. I mean overlooking! We could look right down into the water. We even had a friendly seagul who visited our balcony. You can take a short walk anywhere on cannery row from this location. We asked where the locals like to eat, and the hotel was helpful at pointing out many close cafes. We walked to the aquarium in a couple of minutes. If you travel with 10 year old boys (or 40 year old girls), you can take the hotel bridge right over the street to a cool mirror maze and lazer funhouse. Yes, it's very touristy in this location, but that's what makes it fun! Here is a tip... we got up pretty early (6:30 is early on vacation :0)), walked to Starbucks, and had the whole street and bay to ourselves. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Make sure you specify that you want to be looking over the water from your balcony. If not, you may...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had an ocean side room with a fireplace and a small patio. It is very close to the aquarium.
The room had a spa like atmosphere with an big fluffy bed. The room is not big but the space is
well appointed. Cannery Row has changed over the years and is now a hubbub of shops and
restaurants. The room I had was very quite and a relief from all the hustle and bustle. I had breakfast in the cafe it was good and view is wonderful. Parking is extra.

Room Tip: Ocean view is the best. Watch sea otters, fishing boats, seals and birds from your patio.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Notmelo, Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and our C Restaurant + Bar. We hope to see you again soon here in Monterey.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I love the Intercontinental brand, I love the quality and consistency it provides and their biggest asset-their staff. We have just returned from California where we drove from San Fran to LA over 8 nights and spent 5 of these at Intercontinental hotels. The rooms here are beautiful, large, clean and with beautiful fully working fires in. The staff are helpful and friendly.

We visited the aquarium (fab place) and walked around Monteray during the afternoon. It's a nice place but over hyped in my opinion. My husband is from the Isle of Man so maybe we are spoilt by the coastal views, walks, scenery, seals/ dolphin sightings etc on our regular visits there but this town felt very touristy and no nicer than the Isle of Man yet a lot pricier!

Saying that it's nice enough for one night (don't bother with 17 mile drive if your pushed for time it's nothing special).

You can avoid Internet charges by giving them an email address and letting them sign you up to their loyalty programme. Saved us a lot over the 5 nights.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank HellsBells055
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked a suite with a balcony over the bay...it was stunning! We could hear the sea lions barking from our private balcony and the sunrise/sunsets were just beautiful. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating - you can even purchase tickets to the aquarium from teh concierge to avoid lines. The location is perfect - surrounded by restaurants and gift shops and the aquarium a 2 minute walk away. I'd highly recommend!!

Room Tip: The waterfront suites are pricey, but very much worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The InterContinental has an excellent staff. The hotel is top of the line. However, make sure you understand that there are two buildings. We stayed in the main building. Some people had to stay across the street and were not happy. As long as you are aware of that, then there should be no problems for you. This hotel is very modern and updated. In the morning if you eat breakfast at the hotel, they try to seat everyone so they have a view of the water. The restaurant is all windows. I did not get a room with an ocean view. My view was of the restaurants and the street and it was perfectly fine with me. You can see the water by leaving your room was my thinking. Also there are lots of restaurants and shopping in walking distance of the hotel. You won't be disappointed with this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Texas_chick_926, Thank you for complimenting our associates, and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit. I hope you won't wait too long to return to Monterey!
Best wishes,