My wife and I needed a weekend get-a-way, without kids, and the Clement Monterey was just what the doctor ordered!
From the moment we arrived the terrific staff made us feel right at home. Check in was fast and easy, and the hotel associate, Ric, even took time to walk us through the lobby to point out each amenity.
Our room was fantastic! The stylish, yet simple decor seemed to have a relaxing affect... On second thought, maybe it was the gentle crashing of waves just outside our balcony. In my younger days I would have had thoughts of diving off the balcony into the sea, but these days just sitting there with my wife, gazing at the ocean, and sipping wine was all I could ever want.
The bedding was about as comfortable as we've ever experienced - down comforter and all. In fact, it's so warm I suggest leaving the sliding door open all night (only about an inch, hey, it was February) so you can listen to the ocean.
Our dinner in the C Restaurant was terrific. Ocean view, of course, and great food to match! The clam chowder was the best we had ever tasted! Our Hostess and Server were very pleasant and made our dinning experience a pleasurable one.
Location, Location, Location. The Clement has, by far, the best location in Monterey! It’s next door to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and right in the middle of the prime shopping district – restaurants, art galleries, boutique clothing shops, wine tasting – something for everyone right out the front door (and the beautiful ocean right out the back door!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey