I found this hotel after much searching of visitors' ratings on TripAdvisor, when our favorite B&B in the area was booked, and we needed another option. We stayed for two nights over the Thanksgiving Day weekend, while visiting family in the area. The hotel consists of two buildings: one on the bayside of Cannery Row, one across the street. They are connected by a second floor walkway over the street. We were in the 'across the street' building, but had a window that overlooked the biking/walking trail and various shops -- not the street. Thus, it was provided the quiet we desired, and a pleasant view. We loved the fireplace for the chilly, foggy evening, and the well-appointed and designed bathroom. The hotel would be perfect for people who want to see the Monterey Aquarium, practically next door; or who want to wander around Cannery Row.
Our disappointments: the incredible traffic jam trying to get in and out of the parking and check-in area; rather slow service at the front desk; a too-expensive restaurant; very noisy family in the room above us (I had to go ask them to keep their kids from using the bed as a trampoline), and an undrinkable bottle of Pinot Noir in the Mini-bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey