“ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!”

Ranked #4 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
Delaware
“ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!”
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Friendly, smiling valet attendant set the tone for my visit. Interesting lobby-very modern-loved the waves! Friendly, gracious and helpful front desk associates. Beautiful room-everything I needed was there. The most comfortable bed I have slept in in a very long time-want the mattress topper! Very CLEAN room and bathroom. Fun bar atmosphere-great drinks and appetizers. The best Concierge! LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! My first visit back to the penninsula in over 30 years. Many changes but I was thrilled to find this hotel. Kudos to the entire staff for making me feel comfortable and welcomed. I will definitely recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family and I hope to return soon.

• Stayed January 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (687)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 February 2010

I love to travel... and I travel a lot. This place has the perfect mix: uber quality, great location, magnificent views, and a service team to make you feel good about your experience. I loved walking everywhere. I loved sleeping to the crashing of waves all night long. I loved the sunrise views from our balcony. AND, it wasn't too expensive... I have spent much more on other hotels worth much less. I may be gushing, but seriously, I can't recommend this hotel more.

PS: don't miss out on the fabulous happy hour food and beverages at the hotel restaurant/bar!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Fresno, California
Reviewed 11 February 2010

Very nice, helpful, comfortable, home away from home

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Salinas
Reviewed 9 February 2010

The Clement was a perfect place to have our daughter's wedding reception. The planning and organization run by Chelsea Allen was truly professional and 100
% perfect in her guidance. Chelsea gave us the gift of her knowledge and insights, guiding us towards the perfect evening reception. I have never been part of an event where there was not something to criticize. Ours was perfect: we have Chelsea and her staff to thank for that.
One comment on Chelsea's staff: each individual was professional and hard working. They worked as a competent team and we had no problems with service.

• Stayed February 2010
Monterey, CA
Reviewed 8 February 2010

I am a local of Monterey and have stayed at many of the hotels on the Monterey Peninsula.

The Intercontinental has only been open for about two years and since they opened I have stayed there twice, eaten at the C Restaurant & Bar three times, and used their spa once.

Without a doubt, I know it is one of the best properties to stay at on the Monterey Peninsula, especially if you are looking for an ocean view!

From your check in to check out, their staff is so professional and treats you with the highest respect, as if you are the only guest staying at their property.

Their rooms are so nice, modern, and comfortable. I am stickler when it comes to a REALLY nice bathroom and a comfortable bed and I must say, the Intercontinental has a remarkable bathroom and their bed is as comfortable as mine at home!

If you are looking for an ocean view, look no further! The ocean view from the room’s balcony is unbeatable in Monterey. When you step outside on the balcony you are literally on the water!!

If you are looking for a great dinner, the C Restaurant and Bar has phenomenal food. The Restaurant manager, Sonny Petersson is great at what he does. He moved to the Intercontinental from the Beach and Tennis Club at Pebble Beach and definitely brought his talents with him. I would rank the restaurant top 10 in Monterey, especially for fish!

Another plus about the restaurant is that they have an agreement with the Shied Vineyards tasting room which is right across the street. Shied has some great wines and when you go to the tasting room and buy a bottle, they will put a sticker on it and you can carry it right back to the C Restaurant and don’t have to pay a corkage fee!!

As far as location goes, the Intercontinental is unsurpassed. Located only about 300 feet away from the Aquarium, what more could you ask for?!? It is also conveniently located on the walk/bike path which will take you right into Downtown Monterey and Fisherman’s Warf (about a 15 minute walk).

Bottom line, if you are planning a trip to Monterey, stay at the Intercontinental, you will be so happy you did!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank anto4114
San Jose, California
Reviewed 7 February 2010

My husband and I held our wedding ceremony at the InterContinental. We only looked into the hotel because we were looking for a ceremony site close to the Aquarium (the location of our reception). After working with the excellent staff at the InterContinental, we would have had no problem having our reception at the hotel as well.

The staff did everything they could to cater to our needs. We asked if the bar would be available after 11:30 the night of the wedding, so that our guests would have a place to unwind together after the reception. Although the C bar usually closes at 10PM, they kept the bar open until 2AM (even though we told them we only planned to stay there until 1AM). Not only that, they brought out a TV so our guests could play DJ Hero and distributed popcorn to us throughout the evening.

We got an amazing rate for our room block. The room block quickly filled up, but Larisa and Lindsey who coordinated our room block, allowed our guests to continue booking rooms at that rate as long as the hotel had space. This was huge relief, especially the weekend of the wedding, when I found out a bunch of my relatives didn't have a place to stay. I emailed Larisa and Lindsey the night before the wedding asking if they could book a room for my uncle. They quickly responded saying they would see what they could do, and shortly after, followed up saying it was taking care of.

Lucille and the concierge staff also provided service above and beyond expectations. A few days before the wedding, we realized we had a ton of stuff to move to the reception site right after the ceremony, and no way of getting it there. A call to the concierge, and everything was taken care of.

Chelsea, our primary contact for the event, was especially wonderful to work with. Our ceremony was originally supposed to be outside in the courtyard, but the weekend of the wedding, there was on and off rain, and we ended up having the ceremony indoors in the ballroom. Although the wedding party had not done the rehearsal in the ballroom, and none of the vendors were familiar with the room, everything was executed without a hitch. Throughout the planning, she was able to keep things on track without making things stressful.

We were very happy with our experience with the InterContinental. The staff played an integral in making our wedding day absolutely amazing.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lkan
Gig Harbor, WA
Reviewed 6 February 2010

My wife and I have stayed at the Clement twice in recent months. Three nights each visit. We cannot say enough good things about the hotel! The rooms are luxurious, the service outstanding, the location unbeatable. We lived on the Monterey Peninsula for 17 years, and know the peninsula like the back of our hand. We know where we love to eat, walk on the beach, and go out for entertainment. And the Clement is the only place we will stay from now on.

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple