The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$176
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$252/night.

US$369
US$397
US$343
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Lone Oak Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$186
Hotels.com
Monterey Hotel(Monterey)
US$248
US$225
  • Breakfast included
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$226
US$214
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$263/night.

US$337
US$312
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$364/night.

Monterey Bay Inn(Monterey)
US$474
US$455
  • Breakfast included
US$309
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$474/night.

Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
Hotels.com
3,860 results
All reviewssports barping pongfireplace loungefire pitconference centerpebble beachbig surminute drivecannery rowfisherman's wharfknucklecaliforniahwyaquariumcoastvalet
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I loved the quiet and beautiful setting. I had a large suite near the pool and fire pit. It was clean and comfortable. The suite had two bathrooms which was helpful when we were getting ready for the conference. The customer service was outstanding. The conference center had a good quality sound system. It too was clean and comfortable. The meeting rooms were more than adequate for break out sessions.

Room Tip: Suites are large and comfortable with two bathrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I got a room on the second floor with golf course views.
Getting to the room was a bit tricky because I had to go up in an elevator in one building and then cross it's second floor all the way to another building that only had stairs.
I had to open three heavy hallway doors and maneuver my luggage around them.
The decor is modern and beautiful but almost everything in worn - the carpets, the doorframes, the closet.
There is a diner-style sports bar in the hotel with a thousand TV screens flashing at you and average food. The service is OK but slow.
In the lounge next to the reception they only serve drinks with no food. The atmosphere is nice with the cozy fireplace, but the service is terrible. I ordered one of the "light" drinks on the menu and it was loaded with sugar. I couldn't drink it. It remained sitting on our table for half an hour. The server didn't come up to us once to ask if everything was OK or if there was any problem with my drink.
Please also pay attention to the additional extra charges like the resort fee.
In general, it is overpriced for a mediocre, dated hotel. I will not return here.

Room Tip: If you get a room on a higher floor ask to be in a building with an elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
HRMontereyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear bcvs,

Thank you for taking the time to post online. I would like to apologize for the missteps in service you encountered here on property. We use our guest reviews as a way to continually improve our product and service, so we appreciate your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed the ambiance of our Fireplace Lounge and sorry you didn't have the chance to sample the cuisine – Lunch and dinner is served daily as well as a coffee bar in the mornings. Please feel free to reach out to the hotel directly at as we would like the opportunity to regain your confidence and welcome you back as a guest.

All the best,
Steve

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times over many years, and it has been renovated, which helps a lot. The location is a short drive from downtown, but it's not a location I would walk to downtown from. Hotel rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. Buildings are separated, and can be a distance from the lobby area. Golf and spa are available, which is nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Rooms:
My husband and I frequently stay at Hyatt hotels as we've learned that we can expect a good nights sleep on their cozy beds and Hyatt Regency Monterey was no exception! Nicely decorated, simple modern furniture and clean.

Property:
We enjoyed the room and the property which includes a fire pit gazebo, ping pong tables, shuffle board, jacuzzi, and heated pool all overlooking the golf course.

Atmosphere:
I really liked the old Hollywood type vibe I felt from the place, like I was back in the 1950's, but with a modern update. Live jazz in the lobby on Saturday night and couples dancing and enjoying wine.

Restaurants:
We liked the sports bar Knuckles, however we found that although the website said the TV's at each table could be adjusted so you could hear them at each table, we couldn't figure out how. My drink was super strong haha they weren't watering them down! Lots of great sports on which my husband enjoyed and we both liked the free popcorn once we found out it was self serve. Only downfall was that there were lots of crying children there really late. Not the most exciting sports bar ever, but not expected in a hotel and definitely was fun and convenient place to go to on Saturday night without driving.

We prepaid with the price of our room for a full breakfast at Tusca. The food was great, however we were told it would be a 25 minute wait and we waited almost an hour. We went in to ask why we hadn't been called and we were told that our pager was broken. Starving and slightly annoyed for wasting a good portion of our day and not offering any sort of compensation/apology, we were then told that we could not have pancakes because it was not part of the "full breakfast". Even through all the issues, I would try this place again as it had a nice view and great food and mostly likely was an unfortunate chain of mistakes. On a positive note Carl, our waiter, was so friendly, kept our coffee cups full and was working so hard!

Location:
Quick drive to Downtown and just a few minutes to the cannery. Great secluded spot with so much nearby.

Misc: Gold Passport member late check was a great plus! Self parking is free and was available even though there was a wedding.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole_Serna
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The layout of the hotel is different than any other Hyatt properties I've stayed in. There are bunch of separate buildings spread out on the side of the golf course. I wasn't too happy with the room we were assigned on the 1st floor in Building 1 as the patio area led into the parking lot and the highway was right behind us. (highway noise wasn't really an issue) I tried to switch rooms as I wanted the golf course view however, the front desk was unable to do so due to lack of availability. The room itself was a good size and comfortable.

We enjoyed the hotel/resort grounds, the pool area, the ping pong tables, outdoor seating, the fire pit etc. I just wished it was warm enough for us to take full advantage of it all as you do get charged a $20 resort fee.

The hotel is located away from the downtown/cannery row/wharf area so it's a 10 min drive depending on traffic conditions. Public/Paid parking is available downtown.

We opted for the aquarium package which included 2 tix to the aquarium and breakfast. The breakfast offered could've been better. The omelette station was a nice touch but, busy and the rest of the items tend to be luke warm/cold unless you wait for the them to be reloaded to the buffet trays.

We ended up having dinner at the same restaurant (Tuscana, i believe) we had breakfast in due to loong wait times at cannery row and it wasn't too bad.

Room Tip: get the golf course view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family