Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
US$190
US$176
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$176
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$244/night.

US$386
US$369
  • Restaurant
Lone Oak Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$186
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$337
US$312
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$360/night.

US$397
US$343
InterContinental
Monterey Bay Inn(Monterey)
US$475
US$455
  • Free Breakfast
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$226
US$216
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$263/night.

US$319
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$359/night.

3,855 results
All reviewssports barping pongfireplace loungefire pitconference centerpebble beachbig surminute drivecannery rowfisherman's wharfknucklecaliforniahwyaquariumcoastvalet
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We only stayed here the one night as a stop over on our trip driving Highway 1, but wished it was longer. The room we had was on the 3rd floor over looking the pool area. It was large, the bed was comfortable, stylish bathroom with a great shower. Very clean. Reception staff were pleasant and helpful.
The location was great for us. just off Highway 1 and only a 5 minute drive to Monterey or Carmel.
We would recommend this place and hope to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I stayed for a seminar we were attending. Our room was on the 3rd floor. It was clean with a comfortable bed and my husband loved the pillows--a big plus since he has neck issues. The ceiling fan was nice and we appreciated having a refrigerator in our room. The negatives was the smell of the room. Not sure if it was some type of cleanser, but it was very strong. The LG T.V. had a nice picture, but navigating the channels was not simple. The white paneled under curtains need replacing along with the screens. The hotel gives the impression of being tired and is in need of a paint job, this includes the top of overhangs. Walking through the hallways and breezeways was almost depressing. I ate breakfast both mornings at the TusCA Ristorante's dining room. The first morning I had Pork Carnitas Benedict which needed more kick and south of the border favor. Unfortunately, the jalapeno sauce was really lacking. Yes, I even used hot sauce to try and give it some heat. The second morning I decided to try the Wild Mushroom Italian Omelet---very tasty but the eggs were over cooked and leathery. My husband had the roasted apple pancakes and really enjoyed them. All the staff at the hotel and restaurant are professional, friendly, and attentive. I even enjoyed listening to the jazz trio Friday evening. The dinner at our seminar was very good, except for the salad which had blue cheese on it. I love blue cheese, but many, at the table I sat at, where picking through their salad to remove all traces. Also, the salad dressing did not compliment the blue cheese. Suggestion: lose the blue cheese. Again, the wait staff was wonderful and very efficient. Would I stay here again, of course. One last comment, when driving to the hotel, there needs to be a sign designating the entrance to the hotel from each direction of entry. The large sign way up high is not visible from the vehicle at street level and the only street level sign is good if you are coming from the south.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HRMontereyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear tumblentumbleweeds,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed our Hyatt Grand Beds and friendly staff. I have forwarded your comments and suggestions to our culinary and housekeeping teams. Thank you again for providing such valuable feedback regarding your stay and I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

When you choose Hyatt as your lodging destination, you expect luxury and a truly memorable experience. However, our experience here was average at best. There was nothing truly luxurious about this property. Rooms were plain ordinary and you often get disturbed with sounds from adjacent room/alley. The rooms smelled moist. The swimming pool is again very normal. I had made an advance booking at this property and wanted this to make it very special stay for my wife (it was the valentine weekend) But it looks like, no one from the hotel ever got a chance to read through my special requests. The breakfast hall was crowded and noisy. Food was OK. Overall, a very OK experience. Nothing great. I had hoped for a better experience.

Room Tip: Don't take groundfloor rooms, there is absolutely no privacy in these rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Priyank B

Dear Priyank B,

I appreciate you taking the time to post online about your recent stay. It is only through feedback like yours that we can continue to improve our operation and customer service. I want to apologize for the missteps in service you experienced and have spoken with our Front Office team to ensure we are doing our best to accommodate special requests. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and speak with one of our Front Office Managers as they would love to continue the conversation about how we could have improved your stay. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future and regain your confidence.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I loved the quiet and beautiful setting. I had a large suite near the pool and fire pit. It was clean and comfortable. The suite had two bathrooms which was helpful when we were getting ready for the conference. The customer service was outstanding. The conference center had a good quality sound system. It too was clean and comfortable. The meeting rooms were more than adequate for break out sessions.

Room Tip: Suites are large and comfortable with two bathrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I got a room on the second floor with golf course views.
Getting to the room was a bit tricky because I had to go up in an elevator in one building and then cross it's second floor all the way to another building that only had stairs.
I had to open three heavy hallway doors and maneuver my luggage around them.
The decor is modern and beautiful but almost everything in worn - the carpets, the doorframes, the closet.
There is a diner-style sports bar in the hotel with a thousand TV screens flashing at you and average food. The service is OK but slow.
In the lounge next to the reception they only serve drinks with no food. The atmosphere is nice with the cozy fireplace, but the service is terrible. I ordered one of the "light" drinks on the menu and it was loaded with sugar. I couldn't drink it. It remained sitting on our table for half an hour. The server didn't come up to us once to ask if everything was OK or if there was any problem with my drink.
Please also pay attention to the additional extra charges like the resort fee.
In general, it is overpriced for a mediocre, dated hotel. I will not return here.

Room Tip: If you get a room on a higher floor ask to be in a building with an elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
HRMontereyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear bcvs,

Thank you for taking the time to post online. I would like to apologize for the missteps in service you encountered here on property. We use our guest reviews as a way to continually improve our product and service, so we appreciate your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed the ambiance of our Fireplace Lounge and sorry you didn't have the chance to sample the cuisine – Lunch and dinner is served daily as well as a coffee bar in the mornings. Please feel free to reach out to the hotel directly at as we would like the opportunity to regain your confidence and welcome you back as a guest.