The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$176
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$250/night.

Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
US$278
Lone Oak Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
  • Breakfast included
US$337
US$312
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$353/night.

US$371
InterContinental
Monterey Bay Inn(Monterey)
US$455
  • Breakfast included
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$216
Travelocity
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$261/night.

US$319
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$472/night.

3,858 results
All reviewssports barping pongfireplace loungefire pitconference centerpebble beachbig surminute drivecannery rowfisherman's wharfknucklecaliforniahwyaquariumcoastvalet
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I booked this hotel at the last minute and was happy to get a room. It was already dark when we arrived so I did not get to experience the grounds. The room was clean and fresh but in the back on the resort. Each of the buildings is motel-style so we faced the parking lot. I wasn't crazy about it, but it was quiet enough. The bathroom was quite small with no fan so we had to open a window after showering, which gave anyone walking by full view of the bathroom. Overall adequate but not a great stay. Also, the resort is very dated and in need of a major overhaul.

Room Tip: Look for something away from the road that leads to the resort.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GaPO
HRMontereyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear GaPO,

Thank you for taking a moment to post on TripAdvisor. I have forwarded your review to our housekeeping team who work hard to keep our hotel looking “clean and fresh”! While I understand the horizontal layout of our hotel is not for everyone, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again and you are able to enjoy the grounds surrounding the hotel. The 22 acres the hotel rests on look especially beautiful in spring and summer!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The hotel is quiet and relaxing with nice views of the golf course and hills behind it (Im not into golf, but this golf course is surprisingly pretty). Good wine selection. I loved the restaurant with their focus on local and organic, their salads and breakfast are delicious. Location is walking distance across the Naval Postgraduate School, which is great if you have meetings there like I did. Its a short drive into the main areas of Monterey, and 10 min from the regional airport.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is one of the better hotels I've stayed at in Monterey, and the best one in this price category. Newly redone rooms, wonderful site on the Old Del Monte Golf Course, reasonably good parking.

It could use ice machines on each floor, however. Also, bathroom design is a bit too avant garde for my tastes - I'd prefer additional counterspace around a functional sink in place of a very beautiful, but somewhat impractical sink.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
HRMontereyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear abd1958,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recommendation online! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, our newly redone rooms and proximity to Del Monte Golf Course. Please come visit us again whenever your travels bring you back to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We only stayed here the one night as a stop over on our trip driving Highway 1, but wished it was longer. The room we had was on the 3rd floor over looking the pool area. It was large, the bed was comfortable, stylish bathroom with a great shower. Very clean. Reception staff were pleasant and helpful.
The location was great for us. just off Highway 1 and only a 5 minute drive to Monterey or Carmel.
We would recommend this place and hope to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I stayed for a seminar we were attending. Our room was on the 3rd floor. It was clean with a comfortable bed and my husband loved the pillows--a big plus since he has neck issues. The ceiling fan was nice and we appreciated having a refrigerator in our room. The negatives was the smell of the room. Not sure if it was some type of cleanser, but it was very strong. The LG T.V. had a nice picture, but navigating the channels was not simple. The white paneled under curtains need replacing along with the screens. The hotel gives the impression of being tired and is in need of a paint job, this includes the top of overhangs. Walking through the hallways and breezeways was almost depressing. I ate breakfast both mornings at the TusCA Ristorante's dining room. The first morning I had Pork Carnitas Benedict which needed more kick and south of the border favor. Unfortunately, the jalapeno sauce was really lacking. Yes, I even used hot sauce to try and give it some heat. The second morning I decided to try the Wild Mushroom Italian Omelet---very tasty but the eggs were over cooked and leathery. My husband had the roasted apple pancakes and really enjoyed them. All the staff at the hotel and restaurant are professional, friendly, and attentive. I even enjoyed listening to the jazz trio Friday evening. The dinner at our seminar was very good, except for the salad which had blue cheese on it. I love blue cheese, but many, at the table I sat at, where picking through their salad to remove all traces. Also, the salad dressing did not compliment the blue cheese. Suggestion: lose the blue cheese. Again, the wait staff was wonderful and very efficient. Would I stay here again, of course. One last comment, when driving to the hotel, there needs to be a sign designating the entrance to the hotel from each direction of entry. The large sign way up high is not visible from the vehicle at street level and the only street level sign is good if you are coming from the south.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HRMontereyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear tumblentumbleweeds,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed our Hyatt Grand Beds and friendly staff. I have forwarded your comments and suggestions to our culinary and housekeeping teams. Thank you again for providing such valuable feedback regarding your stay and I hope we see you again soon.