I just recently stayed at this location while my husband was on a business trip to Monterey. I found the rooms to be clean and spacious. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the housekeeping staff more than accommodating. The property is older, but they have managed to keep up paint, cleanliness and gardens as if they were new.
Even though I was on business, I think this hotel would be good for families because of the large grounds and the location.
The property is not on the beach, but only a 10 minute walk or 2 minute drive. Big Sur and Carmel are minutes away by car as is the 17 mile drive through Pebble Beach.
I did eat at the restaurant for breakfast and one dinner. They have an intercontinental breakfast for 15.00 which can't be beat. They offer a hot portion and menu items as well. Dinner was good also.
The pool facilities were nice enough...nothing fancy but will do the trick if you want to swim. They also offer a Jacuzzi. They did say a steam room was offered but when I asked to use it there was a hefty charge.
I would certainly go back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca