This place has a real 70s vibe and it doesn't really feel like it has been updated much since.
We laughed when we found that the in-room "air conditioning" was a free standing unit like you can buy at Home Depot, which a pipe which goes through the wall to the outside.
Other furniture in the room was old and wearing out. The TV stand was battered and scratched, and the power sockets on top of the desk, while functional, lifted clean out of the desk when you tried to lift the lid, which didn't feel very safe.
Some of the light switches are installed upside-down, briefly confusing, and the control for the overhead fan goes from "1" to "5", but "1" is the fastest and "5" is the slowest. Baffling.
Surprisingly there appears to be no lock on the bathroom door.
On a positive note, the room was clean and the front desk service was fast and polite. Our room had a view of the golf course, which was pretty.
It was hard to find a parking spot in the evening, most were taken so we could't get one near the room. Valet parking is apparently free though we didn't try it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca