Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$340
US$325
Hotels.com
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$177
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$270/night.

US$386
US$371
Monterey Hotel(Monterey)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$190
US$181
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

Lone Oak Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$186
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$214
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$264/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
US$337
US$312
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$434/night.

US$397
US$319
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$485/night.

3,854 results
All reviewssports barping pongfireplace loungefire pitconference centerpebble beachbig surminute drivecannery rowfisherman's wharfknucklecaliforniahwyaquariumcoastvalet
Arcata, CA
Reviewed 1 September 2004

We had a wonderful stay here in late August, and will stay again.

Plusses: Pleasant rooms, nice grounds, wonderful family atmosphere. The pool's great, and the wi-fi in the lobby is free and easy. Free entertainment too - a guy on the lobby patio one night explained loudly to all that he's an important official with the NSA, is set for life at 32 with a monthly stipend, health care and lots of free travel. Great material.

Someone here said there was a hair underneath the bedspread. That became a great joke with us and when we got to the room we searched and searched for the hair in the bed and the stains on the walls, but found none. No smell of chlorine, either, which someone complained about.

Minuses: The nachos in Knuckles have to be the worst food item ever placed before me in a public place for consumption.

There's a gazebo with a fire pit that was lit and congenial on Thursday night, but cold and dark on Friday night. Why was that?

I waited in line at the front desk for something; a woman abruptly cut in front of me when it was my turn for help and they went ahead and assisted her instead of me. Not that big a deal, just inattentive.

We didn't get coffee packets in our room for the second day, and after I called, they brought just one (for two people), as though they were being rationed.

The toilet paper is not in a fixture of any kind, but peeks out from beneath the front fascia of the sink counter. Hard to find at first, and just plain weird.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 1 September 2004

Stayed at the Hyatt for 2 nights this past weekend:
Expect your very basic 3 star hotel. The room/bathroom were very clean. However, you could tell the bathroom is dated, and lighting isn't the best in there. However, the beds are actually fairly comfortable, and the carpet, furniture, etc. were all kept very clean. At the suggestion of other reviews on Tripadvisor, we requested a 2nd floor room away from the freeway. The only noise problem was a result of the very thin walls. We could hear much of what was going on upstairs and next door. The $10/day resort fee is a total ripoff, however. For the $20, we received 4 bottles of "Hyatt" water, $10 Hyatt gift certificates (which could only be used downstairs at the lobby lounge, restaurants, or gift shops), and "use of the grounds". We spent the gift certificates on 2 candy bars, a mini tea box, and 2 bottled Frappucinos at the overpriced gift shop. They refused to let us buy souvenir mugs, claiming the certificates could only be used on food/drinks. That was probably the worst incident of the stay. I would recommend the Hyatt if you can get a good deal off of Priceline, but definitely not at the rack rate.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 28 August 2004

We were amazed that they charged $170 per night ! Luckily, the receptionist gave us a discount (down to $120) instead of the rates we booked at. Otherwise, this experience would have been even more painful! Expect motel rooms - bed was squeaky, soft and old. Bathrooms really need a renovation. The best part of this hotel was the lounge by a huge fireplace in the lobby and the coffee shop which served great breakfasts. Still our $120 was not well-spent...

• Stayed: April 2004
Reviewed 27 August 2004

We booked a room at the Hyatt thinking the Hyatt had some pretty high standards..but we were wrong and for $240 it was a rip off! The room we were given was run down with the furniture very dated and musty smelling. The room had very poor ligthing to the point you could barely see. But the worst part about it was the fact that there was no AC the ceiling fan barely generated enough circulation to keep you from sweating and eventhough Monterey is supposed to be cool and not need AC...get a clue..you need AC! Very disappointing..perhaps paying the rate of a motel 6 would have made me feel better since they are about the same level.

Ventura, California
Reviewed 10 August 2004

This appeared to be more then it really was. My first impression was that it was a really nice hotel, the lobby and staff was great and the grounds were very nice. I got o my room and felt it was in serious needs of updates. That was ok for me to overlook but then I found out they have no air-conditioning. This would be fine had I been on the second or third floor, but being on the first floor I did not feel comfortable enough to leave the sliding glass door opened all night. This whole experience was irritating, but had that been all I would have been fine. We woke up in the morning to rusty tap water. I spent that day with no shower luckily we had family next store I was able to brush my teeth. There way of compensating was to take off the resort fee. Thanks so MUCH! I have stayed at the Hyatt before and have received superior service and quality rooms. I expected much more from such a quality name. I will not be staying at this location again and will think twice before staying at another.