We were there from Monday through Wednesday for a golf tournament that my girlfriend was in. Her parents came along to get away for a little bit. I was there with her parents while she was golfing in the tournament.
On the good side:
1. All service was prompt, friendly, generous with their time and always made sure we were comfortable.
2. The cafe and restaurant were good. Reasonable prices (most of it) and great-tasting food. Service was always excellent. Overall, everyone was friendly, satisfying with our needs and always smiling.
3. Room services were prompt and delicious. A lot of services fees but worth it when you want to stay in the room.
4. They have fans in the room. They don't have air conditioning, but the fans help when it gets a little warm.
On the Not-So-Good Side:
1. Confusing directions when you get off the highway unless you're going with someone who knows where it is at.
2. Rooms were okay. Unfortunately we didn't get a room facing the golf course, plus we were on the first floor so I didn't like it. I would have preferred to stay on the 2nd or the 3rd floor [3 floors max.] facing the golf course.
3. I have stayed in other Hyatt Hotels, this one in Monterey is okay by appearance, I think they need to renovate the hotel just a bit especially with the rooms with their radio, television, and layout the room and windows. It just didn't feel the same as other Hyatt Hotels.
4. Not enough of handicap parking. My girlfriend's parents are disabled and they only had 2 handicap parking lots near the parents' room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca