I read many of the reviews posted about this hotel before I booked the room. I was very leary about the hotel because of the varied reviews that were posted. However, I was rather limited in my choices because many hotels were not available for a saturday night (October 16, 2004). When I arrived at 3:30PM my room was not ready. Check in time is at 4:00PM so I was not annoyed. However, I flashed back to some of the negative reviews I had read. The desk clerk was very polite and spoke english (some of the reviews complained about non-english speaking personnel). We left for dinner and our room was ready when we returned. The room did not meet my expectations for a Hyatt Regency hotel or the $200 nightly rate. The room was small and did not have a vanity separate from the bathroom like most newer hotels have. This made it harder for one person to get ready while the other one showered. The room appeared to be clean. I liked the bed, but my wife did not. The room was quiet except for the room above. I would recommend a top floor room. It would have been nice to have fridge. The actual room rate was $190 plus the $10 resort fee other reviewers have mentioned. We did drink the water that $5 of the $10 fee paid for. However, we did not use the $5 restaurant credit. A steak was $43. We ate at a Chart House with an ocean view for less! All in all it was not a bad experience. The staff was polite and responsive. I would stay at this hotel again if my choices were limited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca