Hotel 1110
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$427
US$229
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$180
Hotels.com
All reviewsrooftop barheated floorsplenty of street parkingtiny parking lotrooms are smalljacuzzi bathwarm hospitalityparking is limiteddel montepopoversgreat boutiquebreakfast was amazinggreat showercannery roweach eveningincluded breakfastmonterey bay
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was to be our last stop of a 3 week road trip and was a gem we uncovered. I'd search hi and low looking for the perfect place to stay at a reasonable price in Monterey and I'm more than happy with what we came up with. On arrival we were warmly welcomed, the manageress showed us where to park and checked us in swiftly she then invited us back down for happy hour first drink was on the house which was nice. We sat around chatting to the staff who advised us of places to go visit the big sur was one of them and what a lovely drive it was. We were Hungary so we asked for a recommendation as to where to eat. We said we have been wanting fresh sea food all holiday and asked if there was a place on fisher and wharf they recommend. We was advised to take a right out of the hotel and walk about 1 mile to a little place called Monterey fish house this is away from the hustle and bussel but the food would be the best. They weren't wrong best seafood I have ever tasted. That good we booked to go back the second night. Upon returning to the hotel the temperature had dropped so we picked up a jacket before walking across to the beach to watch the sun set and see the sea lions that had come close to shore. You couldn't get any closer to the beach. It was perfect location and so peaceful.
Upon returning to the hotel we decided to order a packed lunch for the following day $15 dollars each it would cost we were on holiday so we didn't mind the price. When we got round to opening the packed lunch it was worth every cent. The sandwich was one of the best I've ever had. The lunch was packed away in a nice rucksack with cool packs and cutlery. We were offered blankets to take with us to the beach for our trip. I'm not going to spoil the surprise if what comes with the packed lunch. But it was worth every cent thanks so much it was great.
Breakfast - wow so much pride is taken at the hotel with all the little details. 2 course breakfast and it honestly blew me away. The breakfast changes daily and the smile on the ladies face when serving us shows how much it meant to her.
The terraced bar upstairs is a sun trap. Plenty of seats and amazing views of Monterey.
Cocktails are pretty good too and very reasonable in price.
Don't hesitate give this place ago.....fisher and wharf is a lovely 10 mins walk and only a 3-4 min drive to the aquarium and cannery row. Thanks so much for the hospitality you really did go above and beyond.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing place! Very quaint. It took me back to Europe. Great service. Clean rooms and beautiful bathroom. They have happy hour 5-7 every day. The breakfast in the morning was a full one with everything home made. Don't be scare for how it looks from outside. Go in, you will love it! We will be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lizette3
Reviewed 29 May 2014

What an unexpected surprise! We found this gem purely by chance. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but as soon as you step inside you can see it's something special. The bar/ lounge and dining area have been decorated with great taste. The complimentary arrival drink is a treat, especially when you enjoy it on the rooftop on the 4th floor, which has various lounge areas to relax in and take in the views of the bay a block away. The room we stayed in was clean, comfortable and well appointed. Breakfast was home cooked and delicious. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only a few minutes drive to Fisherman's Wharf and the Cannery. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scricey
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I traveled to Monterey for a conference a few weeks ago. The conference was held at a hotel on Cannery Row. Since I try to avoid chain "cookie cutter" hotels I decided to stay at Hotel 1110 after doing a little on-line research and it was the best decision ever! Hotel 1110 was only a quick 5 minute drive to the conference (cannery row) and very central in general. It was within walking distance to the Old Fisherman's Wharf where I walked over to have lunch almost every day. I loved the 1930's architecture with its old fire escape so typical of buildings of this era. Initially, it appeared to be "out of place" since it is randomly located in a slightly industrial area. The parking lot is behind the hotel with only a few spaces available and pulling in and out of the small lot required a bit of technique. The outside of the building is simple and elegant and once you walk in, the hotel oozes chic sophistication and comfort. I felt like I was staying at a bed and breakfast in Paris. Keep in mind that this is a boutique hotel so don't expect the typical amenities of larger chain hotel such as a pool, gym, valet, etc. Instead expect warm hospitality, attention to detail, an amazing homemade breakfast, and a breathtaking view of Monterey Bay from their roof top lounge. The hotel is a family run business and the owners/innkeepers were so welcoming. They made me feel at home and like part of the family. I enjoyed chit-chatting with them and the nice concierge/bartender at the bar during cocktail hour. I stayed in their second floor king. I personally felt the room was spacious enough (from reading some of the reviews that stated otherwise). Sure, the room itself may not be as large as your chain hotel room, but this is typical of boutique hotels where the quality of the amenities more than make up for this. The room and bathroom were luxuriously appointed. I felt like I was in my own personal oasis. I loved that my room opened up to a private outdoor patio and allowed fresh air in. If you plan on staying in for the night, the hotel also offers a large variety of movies on DVD at no extra charge! I especially loved their rooftop lounge. It was the perfect spot to enjoy a glass of wine while watching the sun set behind Monterey Bay. I hope that your stay is as enjoyable as mine was.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank onthego617
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This is a nice boutique hotel. The hotel has nice boutique furniture in its reception area.The bedrooms are very small although the bed is vert comfy. It was perfect for a nights stay but if I was to stay longer I would prefer a room that has more space. The room had a nice television and electric fire. The breakfast was fabulous. Fresh fruit, pancakes and yogurt.
This hotel is very clean with very nice staff.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends