“No ac, cable, or room to move... Just terrible!!!”
Review of Hotel 1110

Hotel 1110
Ranked #5 of 10 Monterey B&B and Inns
“No ac, cable, or room to move... Just terrible!!!”
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Feels like I'm in the ghetto. No a/c and no cable! U have to open up the windows to get air. Yes in a great location but I will never stay here again. I wasted my money and I didn't even stay. We drove home after sight seeing cause it was that bad!!

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank Militaryguy88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We had a wonderful 20th anniversary there! Do not be put off by what appears to be a ratty location and no parking! The neighborhood is safe and friendly - you will not want to park in their lot if you drive anything larger than a VW Bug! Lots of close by and safe parking. Great location, close to everything. Rooms are quite small but very comfortable, baths are wonderful! Your hosts are terrific people who do everything to make your stay terrific. Do not miss the breakfast or the opportunity to enjoy a glass of wine with the other guests. All-in-all, we would definately go back!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phwardlaw
Fresno, California
Reviewed 29 September 2010

We really enjoyed our stay here. As an FYI, yes, the rooms are small, it can be a bit noisey at night, there isn't cable, so if those things are important to you, you might want to go somewhere else. But I personally felt that Inn more than made up for all that. Plus the owners are so welcoming and helped us with anything we needed. The service more than makes up for a few faults. The breakfast far surpasses any other continential breakfast I have ever had. The shower is amazing and was an experience all on its own. It's across the street from a nice beach that we enjoyed walking on. There is a great deck on the roof where you can take your complimentary drinks. But I have to say it again, the wonderful service makes this Inn what it is.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lnegrete
london
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I've never written a review before, but I felt compelled to after reading other reviews and being a little concerned about staying here. Don't be! The hotel was beautifully decorated, the service super friendly, and the most *amazing* breakfast freshly prepared and delicous, I travelled on my own, and really appreciated having warm, friendly service, and the added extra touches made the place stand out..
The wine in the evening is a lovely. The jacuzzi was fab. The room was clean and really nicely decorated, it isn't huge compared to other US hotels, and the tv isn't great, so if you plan to spend lots of time in your room, then maybe this would get to you, but I didn't so it wasn't a problem for me. There is easy off road parking, and parking to the rear. so not a problem as some have said. I would definitely stay here again. Get here quick before it becomes too popular. Just book it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank careyme2010
North Carolina
Reviewed 16 September 2010

It started with the staff - friendly, helpful and honest on the phone. And the positives continued with the facility. The room was small but very nicely appointed. While I could hear my neighbors blasting music from in the hallway, could not hear it at all in our room (how thick are those walls?). The roof top balcony was great at sunset, the jacuzzi jets were clean (have seen mold in other hotels) and the multiple head shower was funky in a good way. They greeted us with free wine and munchies in the evening and Z made a great tasting, very filling breakfast. The staff treated us like family. highly recommend this hotel. I have seen complaints about the T.V. and lack of cable/satellite, but with the rooftop area, the beach across the street and the in-room jacuzzi, quite frankly we didn't even turn the thing on.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank cmac3
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I had not seen the website before going to this hotel, so I had no idea what to expect and was both charmed and bemused by the place. The inn itself is cute and quirky, and the staff are very friendly, but the location leaves a lot to be desired. The neighborhood doesn't look the best and the beach is across the street and down a few houses. The parking situation is pretty weird - a narrow alley leads to an area with about 4 parking spaces, one of which was full of patio furniture when we arrived. We simply moved it and parked. The jacuzzi tub in the room was nice, and the switch on fireplace amused me. We had a memorable experience here, and I would recommend it for people seeking something a bit off-kilter, but not for a romantic seaside experience.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We stayed two nights at this place and would definately go back. The breakfast was amazing, as were the beds. So comfortable, it was hard to leave. Even the bathroom was great with a jacuzzi and power shower which we enjoyed. Some of the rooms have a cute courtyard where you can hang out, or it has a sun deck on the roof. Its across the road from the beach so its really convenient and so much cheaper than a lot of the places nearby. You can easily drive to Pebble Beach or Carmel from here. It is a lottle way from the centre of town so you probably need a car to stay here, but we found it was perfect.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple