“NOT RECOMMENDED IF you have child a accompanying you on your Holiday!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel 1110

Hotel 1110
Ranked #6 of 11 Monterey B&B and Inns
London
“NOT RECOMMENDED IF you have child a accompanying you on your Holiday!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

Most over priced Hotel @ the Del Monte Beach; I booked to stay here for 2 nights. But had to cut my stay short as this Hotel only accepts couples. The room no 3 (Three) was cold as Ice, whatever happened to warm hospitality! ~ I have stayed in loads of locations in USA but this one takes the biscuit. To a point where I would like my money back. The only good thing about this Hotel was the morning breakfast which was delicious (If you like American pan cakes and maple syrup) and I take my hat off to the chef..

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank patelvm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

Here's a breakdown:

Pluses:
+Interior decoration in the lobby and rooms are chic and stylish and everything is spotless clean.

+the service is friendly and welcoming...esp. the bartenders who will keep you company when their lively happy hour winds down.

+the rooms are nicely appointed (particularly the bathrooms that have heated tiles, full body spray showers, and bidets).

++ breakfast is out of this world good...you have to appreciate gourmet breakfasts (think smoked salmon and creme fraiche not scrambled eggs and home fries).

++ rooftop deck is beautiful...nice views of the bay, rocking chairs and space heaters everywhere. Outstanding!

The Minuses: Don't stay here if...
- ...you don't have a car. The location is convenient but is a bit out of the way...and is in an industrial area that needs some shaping up. The hotel is a very short walk to the beach, Jack's Park, and Dennis the Menace Playground and not that far from the Wharf. But don't expect to roll out of bed and find yourself in the middle of Monterey

- ...you are bringing kids. No kids. That's their policy and we heard them turn people away over the phone.

- ...you care about cable TV and AC. Neither are available. They do have flat screen TVs and DVD players in the room (along with a collection of DVDs you can borrow).

- ...you are looking for a huge room. The rooms are comfortable but European-sized if you know what I mean. They are comfy but not capacious

Whew...that's it! The pluses far outweighed the minuses for me and this is one of the nicest places to stay on the bay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IntheAirOutThere
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

This hotel was NOTHING like it is advertised! I stay in Monterey a couple of times a year to visit my grandfather and have always stayed at the Comfort Inn on Munras. But this time I thought I'd splurge and stay some place different. The pictures on Expedia make the hotel look like a seaside resort. I thought I was getting a great deal on a beach side room with a view. Even bragged to my friends!
Instead, I arrived after 5 1/2 hours on the road and didn't even want to stop there it was so ugly! It doesn't even look like a hotel from the outside. It's just some run-down old office building or something. In between another office building and a car shop. No ocean view, no beach in sight.
Walked in, the place was dark, dank, musty, looked like a dive bar in the ghetto. The room was so small I could barely move. Only room for the bed. No closet, no dresser, no table, no fridge, or microwave. Definitely no view. Bathroom didn't even have any counter space. I knew I wasn't going to be able to stay there. Just dropped my stuff and went to see my grandfather as by that time I was already late. But I couldn't bear the thought of returning there, so instead I went straight to the Comfort Inn to get a room there. When I called Expedia to cancel my room at the Inn at Del Monte Beach, I was told that they WOULD NOT REFUND MY MONEY! I went back to the hotel, took my stuff out of the room less than 30 minutes after checking in and asked for a cancellation. I told them I needed a refund. The woman refused to help me and just told me to talk to Expedia. Checked the cancellation policy online and it says if you cancel within one week of your stay, they keep 100% of your money!
Clearly the only way this place can stay in business is if they continue to con people into booking online and then keeping their money once they see the room and cancel.
Do yourself a favor. Stay at the Comfort Inn on Munras. It's nice, comfortable, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
6 Thank JennM74

Travellers are raving about these Monterey hotels

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

My husband and I stayed here in mid-September and after a series of mid-priced motels/hotels we were delighted by this charming, stylish inn. Our room was near the back of the inn on the first floor and we were delighted by the hospitality of the owners; the creative decorating; the cleanliness of the inn; the view of the ocean from the sunny rooftop desk with comfortable seating and the excellent breakfasts. The welcome was hospitable with a free drink each night at happy hour with some inventive nibbles to accompany them. The location of the inn, though downtown, is about a half hour walk along the beach to the Cannery district and right across the street from the beach itself. Although there was not a lot of choice in television the lobby had a large variety of dvds from which to choose. At breakfast (which was delightful and innovative) we were treated like friends who'd come to visit. The entire experience was a far cry from the series of breakfast included brown and orange world of hotels/motels in which we'd stayed so far. The room, though small, was innovatively and colourfully decorated. The bathroom had a European style shower stall and was pristine. We were very happy with our two nights there and would recommend this inn to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helena098
Berkeley, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

This place could be very hit or miss to a lot of people depending upon your expectations. My wife and I had trouble finding a last minute 2 night stay in May in a B&B in the Monterey area and outside of a motel or hotel, this seemed to be the only option. I would rank it higher if we got a deal. However I felt like we overpaid for what we got. We probably had the largest room - the Marilyn Monroe Suite - but the it wasn't a suite at all. Just a smallish bedroom that had a Jacuzzi tub and a short hallway to the bathroom. No desk or any place to sit but the bed.

The shower and tub was nice - but oddly missing were bath mats of any kind and places to hang towels on. Also the bathroom wasn't completely clean - there was lot of visible hair strands on the window sill and along the shower stall door that looked like it had beenn there for a long time.

The location is grim - we had a partial water view from our window, but what was front and foremost was the busy road, used auto auto place and car garage right across the street. Because of the reviews here I Google Street Viewd the area first, so I knew what to expect. There was a lot of car noise traffic at night - I could not image what it would had been like if she slept with the windows open (no AC or ceiling fan).

The afternoon wine was one glass of cheap white and a small bowls of nuts that was taken and eaten up up by a group at the one small coffee table in the entrance room. The host didn't offer us any snacks or any more wine after one glass.

Beakfast was adequate, but nothing to rave about it. Could be hit-or-miss too ... one day were plain but good eggs - the other was this breakfast pizza with a crust so hard people were choking on it - so I just ate the topping.

It is a bit of a trek to Cannery Row and the aquarium - but the walk along the water is nice and a it a cheap cab back. It is near some tacky 'fisherman's wharf' area ( 1/3 rd of mile , just past the beach) -with tourist trap, bad looking restaurants. However the British Pub is fun.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aspage
Mountain View, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

The Inn was very nondescript on a busy street. We weren't sure it was even open. It is run by a very sweet couple who recently purchased the building. The rooms were nice and modern. But the building itself was very old. Not a lot of insulation, so we heard every single noise made by the people up above who sounded like they were moving furniture at 4a. It was fine for one night but I didn't get a lot of sleep and would make sure to check-in early to request a room away from the main street.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank KristenMV
stockton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

my husband and i stayed here for a romantic get away,, we expected something relaxing and enjoying. but did not get it!! first of all the superior room was the size of a closet, you could baerly walk around to get to the other side of the room!! We went out to dinner exepecting to get back to our room and relax and watch tv before going to sleep, well our electricty in the room went out,, it was pitch black, so we called the owner to come and turn it back on, she said no to wait till the morning!!! SO WE HAD TO ARGUE WIT HER so she can finally come turn them back on, as we waited for her in the lobby she came, didnt make eye contact with us or even apoligize about the lights, she just passed us by as if we were not there and went to the electrical room,, again she did not apoligize she was mad that she had to do all this hard work for her paying guest!!!!!! they only have one iron for the whole b&b, in which we could not use because the guest down the hall had been using earlier and had then left their room with the iron inside and the owner (lady) could not get it back, so i was stuck to go out to dinner with a wrinkled blouse!! how sad!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple